02-07-2011 08:46 PM
140 ... 3456
tools
    I found something that may or may not help. The thread is from XDA, HERE.
    It links to what could be very useful to compiling libs/binaries, HERE.

I hope this will help!
    01-25-2011 08:22 AM
    Here are a couple logcats, take a look and if either one of them has potential I will upload the rom... I think they look promising as the unable to get control ERROR is gone
    01-25-2011 09:43 AM
    OK I used dsixda kitchen to port mrinehart93 rom to community rom, those are the logcats I posted above.

I then used dsixda kitchen to port community rom to mrineharts rom, this booted and EVERYTHING works! The kernel is mrinehart93's, 2.6.32.9 mike@mike-desktop #2. There is still a WiFi error, but sms and phone works, 3G works, it did port over some sprint crap but that can be taken out. I am uploading rom now, please tell me that it is AOSP with some sprint crap that we can remove! If nothing less maybe the libs from this can be what is needed for mrinehart93 aosp rom he posted!!!

Camera FC's and Gallery doesnt seem to load pics, but SD card appears to be mounted...
    ROOT is working! Titanium BackUp is working! Starting to wonder if this didnt work like I think/hope it worked, the porting/merging of aosp and community rom...
    01-25-2011 10:36 AM
    OK I used dsixda kitchen to port mrinehart93 rom to community rom, those are the logcats I posted above.

I then used dsixda kitchen to port community rom to mrineharts rom, this booted and EVERYTHING works! The kernel is mrinehart93's, 2.6.32.9 mike@mike-desktop #2. There is still a WiFi error, but sms and phone works, 3G works, it did port over some sprint crap but that can be taken out. I am uploading rom now, please tell me that it is AOSP with some sprint crap that we can remove! If nothing less maybe the libs from this can be what is needed for mrinehart93 aosp rom he posted!!!

Camera FC's and Gallery doesnt seem to load pics, but SD card appears to be mounted...
    ROOT is working!
    Nice. That's a step in the right direction.
    01-25-2011 10:50 AM
    So...

When I look at the kernel configuration... Most of the drivers are built in, but there are a few that are modules...

I've normally just seen tun.ko and wireless.ko in the /system/lib/modules folder on the boot image... however, when I search for ".ko" files in my compiled kernel directory, I see a few more than are referenced... I'm unsure if these are important or not...

Code:
    ./arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    ./arch/arm/mach-msm/reset_modem.ko
    ./drivers/misc/pmem_kernel_test.ko
    ./drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325/wireless.ko
    ./drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    ./drivers/net/tun.ko
    01-25-2011 11:03 AM

ROOT is working! Titanium BackUp is working! Starting to wonder if this didnt work like I think/hope it worked, the porting/merging of aosp and community rom...

Go look in the /system/framework folder. If there is no lge-res.apk, then you've done it Also, in the Google search widget, if there is a magnifying glass, then it's AOSP that is running. If it is a Google icon, then it is the community ROM. Could you post a link to download it?
    01-25-2011 11:03 AM
    So...

When I look at the kernel configuration... Most of the drivers are built in, but there are a few that are modules...

I've normally just seen tun.ko and wireless.ko in the /system/lib/modules folder on the boot image... however, when I search for ".ko" files in my compiled kernel directory, I see a few more than are referenced... I'm unsure if these are important or not...

Code:
    ./arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    ./arch/arm/mach-msm/reset_modem.ko
    ./drivers/misc/pmem_kernel_test.ko
    ./drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325/wireless.ko
    ./drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    ./drivers/net/tun.ko
    dma_test, reset_modem, and pmem_kernel_test are likely just testing things that we won't need. Wireless.ko, librasdioif.ko, and tun.ko are necessary.
    01-25-2011 11:05 AM
    Here is my merge creation, hopefully it is aosp with sprint crap pushed by the kitchen. Someone who knows more than me please check it out.

PORTED2.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

I gotta take off but will upload the rom that produced the logcats I posted, I dont think that one has the LG.apk in it, but it doesnt have working stuff...
    01-25-2011 11:19 AM
    Go look in the /system/framework folder. If there is no lge-res.apk, then you've done it Also, in the Google search widget, if there is a magnifying glass, then it's AOSP that is running. If it is a Google icon, then it is the community ROM. Could you post a link to download it?

lge-res.apk is there Perhaps there is some useful stuff we can use though?
    01-25-2011 11:22 AM
    Here is the one I made pushing your aosp into the community rom. It does NOT have the LG apk, it DOES boot, logcats are posted below. Latest.txt is stock kernel, Latest2 is with Xionia kernel. I could be wrong but looking at the logcats, it doesnt look that bad, does it?

This one IS AOSP!!!
    PORTED.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    01-25-2011 02:21 PM
    Here are a couple logcats, take a look and if either one of them has potential I will upload the rom... I think they look promising as the unable to get control ERROR is gone
    From the first logcat, it looks like you got the phone to recognize that it's on a CDMA network! Good job

Ported2.zip is definitely not AOSP. It has .odex files, which aren't present in AOSP builds. I'll test Ported.zip right (it is AOSP).
    01-25-2011 04:05 PM
    From the first logcat, it looks like you got the phone to recognize that it's on a CDMA network! Good job

Ported2.zip is definitely not AOSP. It has .odex files, which aren't present in AOSP builds. I'll test Ported.zip right (it is AOSP).
    I just PM you, I have sound and sd mounting!!
    01-25-2011 04:27 PM
    *Gets out the popcorn*

Downloading Ported.zip to test.

Quick test. I flashed it, it booted, nothing worked except the touchscreen and the android system. :-)
    01-25-2011 04:46 PM
    Its Ported3.zip that has sd mounted and sound working

Not posted yet...

Also, Ported2.zip is nothing but community rom.
    01-25-2011 07:55 PM
    OK, since Ported3.zip has the mounted SD and working sound I am trying to merge a few things from Ported.zip. Ported.zip recognizes phone as CDMA, what I need to know is once I add/swap libs, and or bins, do I need to recompile boot image? I add a few thing and reflash but dont see much change in my logcats, unless I swap a file. If I add what looks to be a missing file it is as if android skips it, almost as if the file wasnt there.

Thanks

OH, one other thing. Boost Mobile/Virgin is releasing a Optimus V, will this basically be a unbranded version, aosp? If so this may be all we need to make this happen!
    01-26-2011 09:11 AM
    OK, since Ported3.zip has the mounted SD and working sound I am trying to merge a few things from Ported.zip. Ported.zip recognizes phone as CDMA, what I need to know is once I add/swap libs, and or bins, do I need to recompile boot image? I add a few thing and reflash but dont see much change in my logcats, unless I swap a file. If I add what looks to be a missing file it is as if android skips it, almost as if the file wasnt there.

Thanks

OH, one other thing. Boost Mobile/Virgin is releasing a Optimus V, will this basically be a unbranded version, aosp? If so this may be all we need to make this happen!
    The Optimus V will have the Virgin Mobile "special sauce" in it that will let the user monitor minutes.
    01-26-2011 09:14 AM
    The Optimus V will have the Virgin Mobile "special sauce" in it that will let the user monitor minutes.
    It will also ahve the custom LG stuff, such as the LGE-res.apk that makes theming a PITA.
    01-26-2011 04:08 PM
    It will also ahve the custom LG stuff, such as the LGE-res.apk that makes theming a PITA.
    What about when I add libs/bins to the Ported3.zip rom, should I make a new boot image and updater script?
    01-26-2011 04:57 PM
    What about when I add libs/bins to the Ported3.zip rom, should I make a new boot image and updater script?
    You should be fine. The only thing that may need editing in the update-script would be setting permissions on the new libs, though that shouldn't be a problem (AFAIK).
    01-27-2011 11:06 AM
    Thinking logically for a moment... (I'm fairly new to android, but have worked with linux since slackware was a 25 floppy disk download)

The aosp source is in theory a vanilla version from google right?

In theory, you should be able to take a compiled aosp rom for something like a legend and transplant an optimus kernel with associated drivers and have something close. I mean your cross compiling effectively the same main system with a different kernel. The kernel drivers are either compiled into the kernel or are modules...

I know lg made some changes to other files... But thats a relatively small part of the source...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    01-27-2011 02:40 PM
    The problem, scifan, is that Froyo is not cupcake. With cupcake it was fairly easy, however alot of the drivers are half kernel half android framework, therefore without tweaking the framework code, nothing initializes.
    01-29-2011 10:42 AM
    The problem, scifan, is that Froyo is not cupcake. With cupcake it was fairly easy, however alot of the drivers are half kernel half android framework, therefore without tweaking the framework code, nothing initializes.
    Hmm... lost my comments...

I guess I"m unsure how I can help...

Looking at the HTC init files, I decided to look through a working rom to see what files might be different between the AOSP I compiled and ThundeRom...

The one's that jumped out that might include drivers or firmware include:

/system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw
    /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw
    /system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin
    /system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin
    /system/etc/wl/rtecdc-mfgtest.bin
    /system/etc/MELFAS_FIRM.bin
    /system/etc/MELFAS_FIRM_RA10.bin

What do the xml files in the /system/etc/permissions folder do for you?

There are a fairly large number of "lib*.so" files under /system/lib that are missing from the aosp rom...

I think the egl folder includes the graphics accelerator files I saw a config file that seemed to reference the adreno200 as well as a stock video driver...

I see a bluez-plugin folder which I believe relates to bluetooth functions..

haven't got a clue what /system/lib/hw does for you... however I see several files that aren't in the AOSP build...

kernel modules need to go into /system/lib/modules...

In these different files, I have the files that were missing from the AOSP rom...

(No, I didn't copy /system/framework as it's obviously going to be significantly different...)
    01-29-2011 01:58 PM
    I have swapped all sorts of configurations with the build we have and countless other roms. Right now we have SD Card mounted and sound working. But the launcher suffered and its choppy in the build now. mrinehart93 siad he can take care of the choppiness, I dont doubt him, but still so much more to figure out! Tomorrow I will play with the DeOdex Optimus V template I made Maybe we can get a few other things poppin off here

HERE is AOSP with SD Card mounted and Sound working Add/Edit from this as I have NO idea how the 2 things started working LMAO
    01-29-2011 03:49 PM
    I have put together a rom from the virgin mobile dump. I am gonna work on stripping it down and make it as bare as possible. This may be the closest to aosp we get. It offers NO ID at boot, is doesnt have near as much stock bloat! I will upload a better version tomorrow, no lag with rom either

edit.....

everything is WORKING!!! I have it OC at 806 stable with Xionia Kernel

quadrant is 609 without stagefright, not bad...
    01-29-2011 08:35 PM
    Nice. Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    01-29-2011 09:57 PM
140 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD