Hello and thanks a bunch for being a free forum here. My time is prolly 1 month of owning an LG Optimus s (aka..get to know android phone) and it has been fantastic and now i feel like a kinda not noob almost like a semi-pro at toying with mah phone all thx to the forums here. This forum and multiple times of flashing between Nrom and Thunderom then down to changing kernals and themes, have taught/refreshed me allot and kinda made me proud of my starter android phone as well as my peers here. Thx for those posts guys and cheers to the ppl who drive you!!! Why on earth do you guys(nRom, xionia and Thunderom Devs)not join teams and develop an uber Rom/kernel that is fast and reflect in themes what both of your teams have accomplished in your ROMs? oh-n-much love and again thx for the hard work and talent ppl. I submit a toast to all contributors and hold mah glass up HIGH...you all should do the same!!!!!

2/2/2011

*Edit* I wanted to update this postwith this...my friends it makes me smile,really hope it does you too.
    *as per my contract with Sprint i get 5 lines and 5 Lg Optimus S phones*
    * One phone went to me who loves speed and barebones A.K.A ThundeRom(btw thx for removing the splash screen at startup guys)*
    *One went to my mom who loves nRom and the easy buttons at the bottom of the screen and loves the gingerbread theme from Nick7's suggestions*
    *One went to each on my Nephews who well i will not talk about >.> kids and bricking stuff lol and when not bricked they stop at enjoying the tether and playing in newgorunds on the laptops at school or prolly during class woot..
    *Sent the last one to my sister who has no idea she is overclocked and so mobile, and has complemented on how well and without lag can toss birds at pigs d(0.0)d* (i tryed to get her to shoot kittys outta the cannon alas she wanted birds)*
    thx all ya made mah day and hooked mah family up ^^

2/2/2011 Later in the morn.....
    *There is a donation button at he bottom of ThundeRom page post #1 buy a beer for them developers, lets get these guys wasted*
    *N pop a few beers Nick7's way too*

Your provider makes Millions of dollars selling u phones that they bloat up with tainted with stuff, these guys are developing these at no cost to us A.K.A for free. Thats very hot give Em that buck/beer.

I would so give up my daily Slim Jim and Sonic ocean water habit up to support these ppl thats 3 bucks for me, thats 1 dollar a piece for em...(beezy, KSmithIny, Nick7) hmmm price of a happy hour beer, get to this toast

4/28/2011
    *Back from deploy woot to read some forums/test roms on the `ol family^^*
    *new ROMs, new kernals, a few new ported themes^^ awsome*
    *don't forget to donate either guys, even $1 will supports these guys*
    *also read the posts on kernals and roms, send three developer ppl of your choice a donation of at least a dollar*
    *lastly if no donation, then at least thank all of these guys for the fantastic work by posting a thx*
    01-27-2011 11:24 PM
    Why on earth do you guys(nRom, xionia and Thunderom Devs)not join teams and develop an uber Rom/kernel that is fast and reflect in themes what both of your teams have accomplished in your ROMs? oh-n-much love and again thx for the hard work and talent ppl. I submit a toast to all contributors and hold mah glass up HIGH...you all should do the same!!!!!
    Thank you sir and i lift a beer back oh yeah and ...... You have no idea what Nick7, Beezy and myself have come up with Your very very close.
    01-29-2011 09:55 PM
    Thank you sir and i lift a beer back oh yeah and ...... You have no idea what Nick7, Beezy and myself have come up with Your very very close.
    A technical support nightmare? :P
    01-29-2011 11:53 PM
    ding ding ding!!!!! we have a winner lol

We're trying to make everything fool proof but, mistakes happen.
    01-29-2011 11:55 PM
    ding ding ding!!!!! we have a winner lol

We're trying to make everything fool proof but, mistakes happen.
    I have to admit I like the concept, though

It's awesome because my 'hybrid custom rom' I made is in dire need of a reset, so I think I'll try it when it's ready
    01-30-2011 12:00 AM
    Werdup

You put crack into this phone and I can't stop smokin it! I literally play with this thing constantly all day.

Thanks for everything. Now I need rehab.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2011 12:39 AM
    Werdup

You put crack into this phone and I can't stop smokin it! I literally play with this thing constantly all day.

Thanks for everything. Now I need rehab.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    My job here is done.
    kazea182 likes this.
    01-30-2011 01:10 AM
    Haha i like that, however it is a tweakers dream and a dreamers tweak.
    Also have to mention the tech support for the ThundeRom, well they are much better/well versed/dedicated to their roms development than well to compare...Sprint, Lg, Google, Ect....are to there customers and users all put together. ^.^ I only joke about that cause while on hold with Sprint's WonderCrew to ask why my Sd card was unmounting and remounting over and over again. I had a member of ThundeRom answer my modding questions and fixed my sd card to all through this fine forum. So in all i got 15minutes of free elevator music via speaker phone+ Sprint hold music lol and (No did not save 15% on mah insurance) but did get some awsome advice, ohhh and had time to make a toast for this fine crew of ppl.
    02-02-2011 12:42 AM
    Haha i like that, however it is a tweakers dream and a dreamers tweak.
    Also have to mention the tech support for the ThundeRom, well they are much better/well versed/dedicated to their roms development than well to compare...Sprint, Lg, Google, Ect....are to there customers and users all put together. ^.^ I only joke about that cause while on hold with Sprint's WonderCrew to ask why my Sd card was unmounting and remounting over and over again. I had a member of ThundeRom answer my modding questions and fixed my sd card to all through this fine forum. So in all i got 15minutes of free elevator music via speaker phone+ Sprint hold music lol and (No did not save 15% on mah insurance) but did get some awsome advice, ohhh and had time to make a toast for this fine crew of ppl.
    Yeah. Sprint has a real dream team of technicians (previous Samsung Moment user).
    02-02-2011 12:46 AM
    guys put crack in there O.O hmm against it but using it in android software is cool.
    03-28-2011 08:59 PM
    Hello and thanks a bunch for being a free forum here. My time is prolly 1 month of owning an LG Optimus s (aka..get to know android phone) and it has been fantastic and now i feel like a kinda not noob almost like a semi-pro at toying with mah phone all thx to the forums here. This forum and multiple times of flashing between Nrom and Thunderom then down to changing kernals and themes, have taught/refreshed me allot and kinda made me proud of my starter android phone as well as my peers here. Thx for those posts guys and cheers to the ppl who drive you!!! Why on earth do you guys(nRom, xionia and Thunderom Devs)not join teams and develop an uber Rom/kernel that is fast and reflect in themes what both of your teams have accomplished in your ROMs? oh-n-much love and again thx for the hard work and talent ppl. I submit a toast to all contributors and hold mah glass up HIGH...you all should do the same!!!!!
    Veritable juggernauts they are.
    03-28-2011 09:10 PM

2/2/2011

*Edit* I wanted to update this postwith this...my friends it makes me smile,really hope it does you too.
    *as per my contract with Sprint i get 5 lines and 5 Lg Optimus S phones*
    * One phone went to me who loves speed and barebones A.K.A ThundeRom(btw thx for removing the splash screen at startup guys)*
    *One went to my mom who loves nRom and the easy buttons at the bottom of the screen and loves the gingerbread theme from Nick7's suggestions*
    *One went to each on my Nephews who well i will not talk about >.> kids and bricking stuff lol and when not bricked they stop at enjoying the tether and playing in newgorunds on the laptops at school or prolly during class woot..
    *Sent the last one to my sister who has no idea she is overclocked and so mobile, and has complemented on how well and without lag can toss birds at pigs d(0.0)d* (i tryed to get her to shoot kittys outta the cannon alas she wanted birds)*
    thx all ya made mah day and hooked mah family up ^^

2/2/2011 Later in the morn.....
    *There is a donation button at he bottom of ThundeRom page post #1 buy a beer for them developers, lets get these guys wasted*
    *N pop a few beers Nick7's way too*

Your provider makes Millions of dollars selling u phones that they bloat up with tainted with stuff, these guys are developing these at no cost to us A.K.A for free. Thats very hot give Em that buck/beer.

I would so give up my daily Slim Jim and Sonic ocean water habit up to support these ppl thats 3 bucks for me, thats 1 dollar a piece for em...(beezy, KSmithIny, Nick7) hmmm price of a happy hour beer, get to this toast

4/28/2011
    *Back from deploy woot to read some forums/test roms on the `ol family^^*
    *new ROMs, new kernals, a few new ported themes^^ awsome*
    *don't forget to donate either guys, even $1 will supports these guys*
    *also read the posts on kernals and roms, send three developer ppl of your choice a donation of at least a dollar*
    *lastly if no donation, then at least thank all of these guys for the fantastic work by posting a thx*
    You know what, I haven't read the updates on your OP, only when it was first posted but i wanted to stop and say thank you TO YOU. It means more to us developers than i think anyone realizes when someone stops and smells the roses. At a certain point people come to expect stuff from developers without realizing the work that goes into it. I don't think people appreciate/understand the 100's of hours that go into development and testing prior to release. For me, to see someone sit back and say, holy crap this is an absolute awesome experience, let's me know the dev community is moving in the right direction. You sir, have hit the nail on the head. If you have a couple of $, donate it (i promise you the donate is well worth the 100's of hours) or if you don't thats cool too BUT don't just walk away. Help people, answer questions, make sure you say thanks to the devs. This is awesome post to read and am keeping a copy on my PC for future reference.

Again, Thank you from me Beezy and I'm sure every other Android developer around.
    03-31-2011 11:29 PM
    You know what, I haven't read the updates on your OP, only when it was first posted but i wanted to stop and say thank you TO YOU. It means more to us developers than i think anyone realizes when someone stops and smells the roses. At a certain point people come to expect stuff from developers without realizing the work that goes into it. I don't think people appreciate/understand the 100's of hours that go into development and testing prior to release. For me, to see someone sit back and say, holy crap this is an absolute awesome experience, let's me know the dev community is moving in the right direction. You sir, have hit the nail on the head. If you have a couple of $, donate it (i promise you the donate is well worth the 100's of hours) or if you don't thats cool too BUT don't just walk away. Help people, answer questions, make sure you say thanks to the devs. This is awesome post to read and am keeping a copy on my PC for future reference.

Again, Thank you from me Beezy and I'm sure every other Android developer around.
    Precisely what I was going to say but probably a little more elegantly than I would have put it LMAO
    04-02-2011 01:06 PM
    Preciate everything guys. If it wasn't for these Roms these devices would just be the same old boring phones. Now they can truely be as individual as the user controlling it.

Again, thank you much.
    04-02-2011 06:40 PM
    My wife got her Optimus in December and I got mine in January. She kept hers stock and I thought it was a pretty decent phone but the main reason I got one was because it was free with my upgrade. I promptly rooted it, installed ThundeROM 1.5 and started to learn about playing around with ADB. I have some background in Linux so it wasn't completely foreign to me but I was using a flaky USB cable and I had lots of problems. Everyone on this forum, especially the devs, was helpful and patient and I learned a lot.

I truly enjoy my phone now. Sure, it still isn't as fancy as my brother's Evo or my Dad's Incredible but it is a great little phone and it works very well for me. A few weeks ago, I had to drive to New Mexico with my brother to help my sister move. I was able to use the wireless tether feature with my laptop and get a ton of work done on the trip. This wouldn't have been possible without the time and effort poured into various ROMs, kernels, recoveries and tutorials made by people on this forum. I wish I had the skill to do these things but the best I can offer right now is a sincere "thank you" to those who have made my Android experience so much fun.
    04-02-2011 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD