I'm a total newb here, so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...

I have been able to successfully root, recovery and ROM thanks to the great people on this forum.

How do I keep my email accounts setup and keep my sms messages? Currently Im using the standard android email and sms application.

Thanks for any help!
    01-30-2011 08:42 AM
    Your emails are on a server, not the phone. When you set your phone back up after wiping they are still on the server so they will be available again on the phone.

Sms messages can be backed up and restored using apps like mybackup pro from the market.

Edit - just re-read the op and I may not understand the question properly. Is it possible to rephrase it to make sure we're able to get you what you need?
    01-30-2011 08:48 AM
    Sorry about that.

Im not referring to the actual emails themselves, just the email account setup. I am currently using the standard email utility to manage my gmail and multiple yahoo email accounts. I am looking for a way to not have to go back in and setup each email address and password, signature etc.

I hope that is specific enough...if not I'll try again!

PS, I would like to personally thank you KSmith as well as the many others that put the effort into making all of this stuff so accessible and informative to a total newb like me!
    01-30-2011 08:56 AM
    Ohhh I gotcha! In that case, I'm not aware of anything to backup the settings specifically. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

You're welcome. Thanks for using all this stuff
    01-30-2011 09:29 AM
    Titanium backup will do the SMS messages (and MMS messages, apparently). As for email account config, don't know of a way that'll do it
    01-30-2011 11:19 AM
    Ohhh I gotcha! In that case, I'm not aware of anything to backup the settings specifically. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

You're welcome. Thanks for using all this stuff
    Thanks! And yes using all this 'stuff' has been great!

I would like to keep experimenting with the ROMs it just seems I spend way to much time getting everything back up and in place to do it as often I would like.
    01-30-2011 11:19 AM
    You only need name and password. What else do you need? Android configures everything for you.
    01-30-2011 12:52 PM
    You only need name and password. What else do you need? Android configures everything for you.
    Actually, for some reason with my yahoo accounts android wont automatically set them up. I always have to do it manually, as well as change out my signature for each account.

Its not that its that big a deal, just wanted to make sure there wasnt an easier way.

Will the free version of Titanium backup do the sms messages?
    01-30-2011 10:01 PM
    in terms of configuration, if you're using k-9 or something more involved than the stock gmail app, then titanium will allow you to back up the app data alongside the app itself. that way, when you restore the app, you also get back all the settings and saved data in it. i know this works for things such as angry birds (cleared levels) and all my text messages, but i use the stock gmail app, which stores everything on the server, and i dont bother to back up its settings, but i see no reason it should work.

and yes, free version of titanium should do the data backup for you. the big difference between free/paid is that paid lets you restore everything with one touch (free makes you go through the usual install process for each app, but still maintains most of the functionality of the full version..)
    01-30-2011 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD