[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting the ~# in adb something is not set up right. Uninstall you drivers and reinstall. Boot into android and verify USB debugging is enabled and you are rooted and superuser is working and try again

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mitchpinero

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
  • Xionia Kernel 013, which fixes any blank LCD issues
  • Experimental (untested) support for AmonRA (drellisdee) nandroid restore of sd-ext
  • Attempts to backport CWM 3.0 features
  • Fixed known issue from previous version

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.5
  • Xionia Kernel 009
  • Should fix /sd-ext issues
  • LG-Style Reset option removed, due to causing more trouble than its worth
  • ext2/ext3/ext4 support thanks to Xionia Kernel
  • No longer set to "PERFORMANCE" governor, so the phone no longer idles at 600mhz in recovery
  • Known Issue:Occasionally, when rebooting after flashing a zip, an error about ignoring radio image may briefly appear. It seems harmless, so you can ignore it for now. Will look into this later.

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4

DO NOT USE LG-STYLE FACTORY RESET IF YOU ARE RUNNING CM7!
Feature will be removed in next version of Xionia CWMA.

• Added support for LGE special Factory Reset command. Invalidates this issue
  • Execute standard data/cache wipe or full LG-Style Factory Reset (found under "advanced")
  • "Fix Recovery Boot Loop" option now supports both bootloader and lge special parameters, ensuring you get out of that loop.
  • Known Issue: If you enable USB Mass Storage, then disable it again, it does not re-enable until you reboot back into recovery. (workaround: unplug and replug device. windows is ejecting the device, so you need to reinsert it.)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3
  • Added "Fix Recovery Loop" option under "Advanced", gets you out of an infinite recovery reboot loop.
  • Fixed cosmetic issue where in certain cases, a radio update would still ask you to reboot to finish it. (doesn't really flash)
  • Fixed version number.
  • Reverted to stock kernel (+lzma) (why use a fancy overclock power kernel for recovery mode?)
  • Addressed an issue with USB Mounting (may or may not fix issues some users are having)
  • Removed alternate LG logo that briefly flashed during startup of recovery mode.
  • Switched nandroid functions to external tools (no more fancy status, sorry) due to localized corruption issues.
  • Fixed 'reboot returned' issue when trying to reboot out of recovery via adb shell reboot
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.2
  • Radio Flashing Removed Will now ignore radio.img part of all updates, regardless of signature verification setting.
  • Fixed bug where a nandroid backup would not restore completely if it did not have an .android_secure image.
  • LGE Recovery binary now included for future usage...
  • Bug: version reports as v1.2518.1
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.1
  • Minor bug fix, could not select zip if it was the last item on the menu.
Xionia CWMA v1.2518
  • Safety check - will not flash LG OTA zips and brick you (DO NOT DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
  • Dual Nandroid Support (new /sdcard/clockwork/backup/ as well as old /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/)
  • Use either menu or camera for select, we like both of you :)
  • Powered by Xionia Kernel 007 (not overclocked)
  • LZMA Compressed ramdisk to hold even more content
  • Blue theme like GNM Recovery
  • Ease of use of CWM, with power for the hardcore. Many useful CLI tools included.
Click to view quoted image

How to Install:
Copy flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img to the root of your sdcard. RAR file is protected with recovery record in case of corrupt download. Please extract rar before attempting to flash.
To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell

Note:
If you receive this error:
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
Then ignore it and keep going, it means the file is already backed up or deleted, and your recovery will not be erased by LG.

Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power and release keys at LG splash.

Recovery Key mapping:
Up: Volume Up
Down: Volume Down
Select: Menu or Camera
Back: Back

Archive
Index of /zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/custom/archive/Xionia/recovery - Persona Files

Source Code
https://github.com/zefie/xionia_cwma_recovery

Special Thanks:
CyanogenMod for Clockwork Recovery
Amon_RA for the signature verifier since I could not get Cyanogen's to work
Drellisdee for the original custom recovery that got us all started, and for the flashing instructions i swiped >.>
Thank you for all the help! So awesome :)

Peosteve

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm a total newbie and seemed to have f'ed up my phone. I have an LG P999, also known as the G2X. When I flashed my phone, it ended up in the loop cycle and nothing I can do seems to get me out of it. When I do the power/volume-down approach, the recovery mod seems to come on for a bit, but the progress bar never moves and after about 20-30 seconds, the phone restarts on it's own.

I have the phone connected and there is a response when I use the command "adb devices", so there is communication, but fastboot can't seem to see it. Is that weird?

Enter the use of xionia clockwork. It was recommended that I use it, but whenever I try to use the command "adb shell", the response I get is "-exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)", which means I can't shell into the phone to do all the commands suggested above. From what I gather, I might have lost the file system, although when I tried to push some files to the phone, adb seems to know there is some sort of file structure there, and there seems to definitely be a directory structure '/system/bin/sh' since I tried to copy a file there and was told it was read only.

I'm really lost here - I thought doing this mod following the instructions would be pretty straight-forward, but now I'm in over my head.

Can anybody help? Please? :)

Steve

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and ROM'd one of those recently. Even though I prefer to do things manually, the one-click tool [link needed] was very helpful in this case. I want to say that it came with 3 recovery options built in to it, depending on your storage access needs.

Also, there seems to be some confusion as to the difference between the G2X and the Optimus 2x. Just something to be aware of.

kuggalotus

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
it wont let me do anything i cant pick any of the it just boots up to clock work mod recovery v 5.0.2.7 on my optimus V ive been looking for hours on how to fix this and nothing usb wont work none of the buttons work to i mean wtf its stuck

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I feel stupid for asking, but where exactly would the "root" of your sd be?
Dont feel stupid everyone has to learn by asking q uestions. If your on a windows computer root is accessed by opening the drive from (my) computer. That fist screen is is the root directory of the drive, or card in this case. On Mac its the same thing. On your phone if you open any kind of file manager it labeled as "/" or "/sdcard/". Basically its the lowest level directory on the drive.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Does not work....Blank LCD screen after Home+Vol Down+Power button pressed. Same for Optimus S LS670!

That happens a lot when directions aren't followed, and you already told us you weren't following them...

Whenever you do decide to actually read and follow the instructions Google "screencast for android"

Last edited:

caliEskimo

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
That happens a lot when directions aren't followed, and you already told us you weren't following them...

Whenever you do decide to actually ready and follow the instructions Google "screencast for android"

Okaaay, whatever you say buddy...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Okaaay, whatever you say buddy...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

well i did provide you with two different methods to solve you problem, but again you have to follow the instructions people give you, and when you're telling us you're doing this on phones that are not the ls670, most of us kind of lose interest in helping... thats why i said you weren't following instructions. this recovery is only for the ls670, and we can only support it on the ls670, though i can help you if your trying an ls660... but if your on verizon you need more help then I can provide lol.

caliEskimo

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so this is a LS670 forum page?? Thought it was for Optimus V users which are VM670 models...Hmmm, Sorry I have been wasting your time ichi. Anyways, No...I have figured out about a year ago how to properly root and flash the Optimus S (LS670) but have been trying feverishly to do the same comcepts with Virgin's version which I currently have two: a 2.2.2 version and 2.2.3. The one I need help with has a build# of ZV5.41C0E845, Baseband Version VM670ZV5_60401001 and a Kernel Version of 2.6.32.9 lge@android-Build#4. Does this ring a bell or am I still not following this forums instructiuons to properly flash Xionia Recovery!?!?!
And as far as Verizon...Don't even bring up that word in my presence, I apologize before-hand with that because it's a very touch subject as that company has ROYALLY SCREWED ME! So no, I am not on Verizon with my newest Optimus...really, that would almost be impossible to flash as all Optimus' use TOTALLY different baseband technologies....I used my Bionic to place my last post is all. Can you help with flashing a new ROM for my Virgin Optimus V or no??? The help would be greatly appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7