[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 No issues, and the ability to restore the two different nands is very cool!

I'm having trouble restoring new ones. For example if I restore from /sdcard/nandroid it works. But if i make a new one and restore it, all my signatures are screwed up.

My theory is that the new nandroid md5sum after its dumped but doesn't appear to verify the contents as they are dumped.

My point is, have any of you had an issue restoring from a NEW nandroid dump CREATED WITH CWMA? If not, maybe it is just my SDCard giving out lol

Edit: Maybe this is a common bug in ClockworkMod? I remember some of you having PowerManager issues in VCRom.. were you using smccloud's recovery? The problem must be in nandroid CREATION because it can restore my Amon-style backup fine

But if I make a new one then restore it, **** is broken.

Last edited:

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I'm having trouble restoring new ones. For example if I restore from /sdcard/nandroid it works. But if i make a new one and restore it, all my signatures are screwed up.

My theory is that the new nandroid md5sum after its dumped but doesn't appear to verify the contents as they are dumped.

My point is, have any of you had an issue restoring from a NEW nandroid dump CREATED WITH CWMA? If not, maybe it is just my SDCard giving out lol

Ahh, yeah you are right. I was able to create a backup this morning using your recovery but when I try to restore it just takes me back to the main recovery screen. If I try to restore a backup from last week, it looks like I can do it (takes me to the no no no no no yes screen, etc).

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, yeah you are right. I was able to create a backup this morning using your recovery but when I try to restore it just takes me back to the main recovery screen. If I try to restore a backup from last week, it looks like I can do it (takes me to the no no no no no yes screen, etc).

Did you update to .1? That should be fixed. Mine restores but it seems to corrupt something because I have PowerManagement boot loop, which usually happens if SettingsProvider.apk is unsigned or corrupted. meh.

Also any backups that were created in GNM's recovery are 100% working for restore, since thats whats saving my bum now. lol.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So...

I'm concerned... I've experienced a few instances where I can't seem to boot into recovery...

(either via adb restart recovery, or by the "three finger salute" method...)

I'm not sure what to think about it at this point... perhaps I have a key dying - phone's only about a month old at this point...

disconcerning anyway...

Edit: at one point, I'd wondered if I'd managed to corrupt my file system on the recovery partition... I've noticed that if it gets corrupted, fsck doesn't seem to do much for you, and only via scripts can you format your partitions...

edit again: I've reverted to the first version again... which seems to work fine when doing an adb reboot (at least at this point)...

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Did you update to .1? That should be fixed. Mine restores but it seems to corrupt something because I have PowerManagement boot loop, which usually happens if SettingsProvider.apk is unsigned or corrupted. meh.

Also any backups that were created in GNM's recovery are 100% working for restore, since thats whats saving my bum now. lol.

Nope, I didn't realize there was an update. I'm still on v1.2518. I'll update to .1 and post results.

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Holy crap was I confused! Zefie - in the new .1 recovery .rar you named the image recovery.img and not the name you refer to in the commands so I was getting: "error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_1258.1.img: No such file or directory"

Tried flashing it twice and realized it's just recovery.img so once I made the change I successfully updated to .1

I was then able to restore this morning's backup created with your original release. I don't know if that helps you or not.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap was I confused! Zefie - in the new .1 recovery .rar you named the image recovery.img and not the name you refer to in the commands so I was getting: "error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_1258.1.img: No such file or directory"

Tried flashing it twice and realized it's just recovery.img so once I made the change I successfully updated to .1

I was then able to restore this morning's backup created with your original release. I don't know if that helps you or not.

Yeah sorry I forgot to rename it. Alright, I just did so this should not be an issue for future downloads :) Sorry about that!

I'm used to xz which renames the file if you rename the archive lol.

Can you make a new nandroid backup right now, then reboot back into recovery (look under advanced menu), then wipe and restore (to the one you just created)?

Let me know if the phone boots after restoring the new nandroid.

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
So I am getting this far....

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory

What do I need to proceede?

Reactions: zefie

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So I am getting this far....

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory

What do I need to proceede?

Keep going, that error is good, it means you don't have the file that would try to delete the recovery.

Reactions: Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
Keep going, that error is good, it means you don't have the file that would try to delete the recovery.

Great, done and working.
Might want to mention that in your command sequence that if it shows up to continue, as to me errors are bad, and I do not like to continue untill it does what it is supposed to do.

Heh.

*edit*
One last question, what is this "apply sdcard:update.zip" under the main menu, and under "apply zip from sdcard" menus?
Is that some generic message or?

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Can you make a new nandroid backup right now, then reboot back into recovery (look under advanced menu), then wipe and restore (to the one you just created)?

Let me know if the phone boots after restoring the new nandroid.

Made a brand new backup with .1 and rebooted to recovery. Wiped data/cache/dalvik and restored that backup successfully. Rebooted just fine for me!

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Made a brand new backup with .1 and rebooted to recovery. Wiped data/cache/dalvik and restored that backup successfully. Rebooted just fine for me!

maybe it was my phone, its a brick now anyway. no new updates for a bit :)

Bricked trying to implement/test/debug/learn about radio updates lol

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So...

I'm concerned... I've experienced a few instances where I can't seem to boot into recovery...

(either via adb restart recovery, or by the "three finger salute" method...)

I'm not sure what to think about it at this point... perhaps I have a key dying - phone's only about a month old at this point...

disconcerning anyway...

Edit: at one point, I'd wondered if I'd managed to corrupt my file system on the recovery partition... I've noticed that if it gets corrupted, fsck doesn't seem to do much for you, and only via scripts can you format your partitions...

edit again: I've reverted to the first version again... which seems to work fine when doing an adb reboot (at least at this point)...

I've managed to get my phone back to a state where I can consistently boot into recovery.... first step was to go back to the original cwm version, then flashed the other one (non cwm) and now I'm back in a functional state... (think I'm going to just breath a little before I think I've bricked my phone again...)