[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
when entering the second command "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image" i get invalid length. Any ideas?
According to the source code for "cat" that error is being spit out if there is any error reading the source file.

invalid length for cat : di4g.com

So basically you need to figure out why the source file can't be read properly.

You could also try putting flash_image in the same directory as adb.exe and doing (at the PC command prompt)

adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp/

Then you can substitute /data/local/tmp/flash_image in the instructions for /system/bin/flash_image

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of to explain the error is if you have the sdcard corruption problem. You could try taking the sdcard out and running "chkdsk /f" on your PC.

chiphead

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed that when going to wipe dalvik it came up with an error that a partition was missing /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Does this have something to do with CyanogenMod or the /dalvik-cache to /cache mod?

I just tried this out and got an error too but right under the error it said that the dalvik cache was cleared.

I used Xionia to perform partition sd card (sd-ext set to 1024M, Swap to 256M). Format sdcard works fine, but I get the error message below when I try to format sd-ext:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(No such file or directory)
Error mounting /sd-ext/!
Skipping format...
Done.

Trying to mount produces this error message:

(File exists)
Error mounting SDEXT:!

Last edited:

gub23

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone knowingly used this custom recovery on a new phone with the new LCD hardware? I personally have tried ThundeRC and get a blank screen, so I was working up the courage to try another custom recovery this weekend.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I used Xionia to perform partition sd card (sd-ext set to 1024M, Swap to 256M). Format sdcard works fine, but I get the error message below when I try to format sd-ext:

(No such file or directory)
Error mounting /sd-ext/!
Skipping format...
Done.

Trying to mount produces this error message:

(File exists)
Error mounting SDEXT:!

I probably have to repack it with xionia kernel instead of stock :)

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
im having problems unzipping the file because its a .rar file got to a disc image but its just xionia_cwma_12518.4 no .img so should i just add .img to the end manually?

Please help me :'(

Last edited:

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
im having problems unzipping the file because its a .rar file got to a disc image but its just xionia_cwma_12518.4 no .img so should i just add .img to the end manually?

Please help me :'(

I just downloaded the file fresh and extracted it....there's definitely a .img. Are you on a windows computer that doesn't show file extensions?

In any case, check your PMs.

Jorviper99

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the palm pre and rooting/themes/roms was 10 times as easy so im kinda a nub on this phone..
you said "To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell"

what command am i typing first when i first open the command prompt before I start typing those adb commands?

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I had the palm pre and rooting/themes/roms was 10 times as easy so im kinda a nub on this phone..
you said "To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell"

what command am i typing first when i first open the command prompt before I start typing those adb commands?

CD to the directory where your adb is located (for me it is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools) and type "adb shell" (no quotes) and hit return.

If you have root, you should have the # prompt.

Reactions: JRod1976

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4.img
error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4.img: No such file or directory

whats up with this?

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The file is missing or not named properly. adb push it again or try to figure out what is going on.

well for some reason every time i download it i notice theres no .rar. then when i unzip it i open the folder and inside is a disc image put theres no .img at the end even when someone pm'ed me a link for the .img file there still wasn't anything (both times its just xionia_cwma_12518.4) so i just renamed it and added it myself so im guessing that why it didn't work. (Im using Win rar on a windows 7 computer)

EDIT: after some more investigation i discovered that all my .zip files no longer have .zip at the end of them either when i know that they used to because i've flashed them on my phone before (i failed to mention that i just recently installed win rar because the xionia file was a .rar) so i think that win rar might be the problem but if it is then what do i use to extract things from .rar files?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan