What you can and cannot do after installing a custom ROM?

NicksOptimus

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Could the devs make some guidelines for what can and more imprtantly CANNOT be done AFTER installing a custom ROM.
I know you cannot do the privacy reset but besides that, can you update your profile, prl, etc.?

A list will be very helpful for the not so smart amongst us. :D

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Could the devs make some guidelines for what can and more imprtantly CANNOT be done AFTER installing a custom ROM.
I know you cannot do the privacy reset but besides that, can you update your profile, prl, etc.?

A list will be very helpful for the not so smart amongst us. :D

You can update profile and prl in all the roms posted.
If you read the first couple post of all the roms all your questions should be answered.
Then there is also the changelog that give you details of all this too.
About the only thing that is a issue is the privacy reset and in the latest version of zefie's recovery that won't let it brick your phone.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I was using the thunderg custom recovery and I do the privacy wipes without bricks - it just reboots into custom recovery and clears data and cache... Wonders... :confused:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You can update profile and prl in all the roms posted.
If you read the first couple post of all the roms all your questions should be answered.
Then there is also the changelog that give you details of all this too.
About the only thing that is a issue is the privacy reset and in the latest version of zefie's recovery that won't let it brick your phone.

To add to this list: DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT attempt to flash a radio image with custom recovery. That includes V9 and VC update zips. Quite a few phones have been bricked as a result of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae