Nandroid Backup Error??

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just tried running a Nandroid backup + ext backup + .android_secure and I got the following error:

Error: Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

Is backing up the ext backup necessary?

I've been having a heck of a time with my phone lately and currently, I'm on the stock VC ROM but I have Custom Recovery and somewhere along the way I lost my root. Root Checker says I'm not rooted but Busybox is installed correctly.

Please help, I need to backup how I have the phone now and restore an old Nandroid that I took prior to everything. Then I need to get a couple of settings off of it and restore the phone back to how I have it now.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can just choose the first NANDROID backup option for most cases. I believe ext is for cases where you partitioned your SD card (presumably to start putting apps on the sdcard)

If you have Custom Recovery, I believe it puts you in as root automatically when you do "adb shell"

If you need to fix the root problem, then you can just redo the root procedure where you put "su" and "busybox" in /system/bin, change the permissions, and put "SuperUser.apk" in /system/app

Reactions: JINXR65

lionedas

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just tried running a Nandroid backup + ext backup + .android_secure and I got the following error:

Is backing up the ext backup necessary?

I've been having a heck of a time with my phone lately and currently, I'm on the stock VC ROM but I have Custom Recovery and somewhere along the way I lost my root. Root Checker says I'm not rooted but Busybox is installed correctly.

Please help, I need to backup how I have the phone now and restore an old Nandroid that I took prior to everything. Then I need to get a couple of settings off of it and restore the phone back to how I have it now.

Had the same error pop up last night, freaked the po*p out out of me, I couldn't do a nand restore, but was able to flash Nrom, then went back and did the rooting over, and for peace of mind did the recovery install over, and was able to restore nand after that.

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, it allowed me to do a Nandroid + .android_secure, so I did that. However, I'm getting the same error when I try to restore my first backup. Guess I'll go through the rooting process again tonight and see what happens.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

..i got this the other day..while my phone was off USB...so i plugged it into my pc and pulled up cmd (changed directory to where adb is) thought i was going to have to use it...then gave it another try to restore from backup. and boom no error, it went on to do what i needed it to do..

(so try plugging in ur phone and open cmd..(no need to type in any commands other than maybe go to what ever folder ur adb is in..like platform-tools...then go and try to restore (through recovery etc.....))

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This error also pops up when the battery is below a certain level, it is a safety so that the backup or restore does not get interrupted. I had this happen few times and plugging the power fixed it each time.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
What you could also do is power off the phone, pull the micro-sd card out,
place it in an adapter into a PC, copy all the files off - including any hidden stuff,
completely long-format the sd-card Fat-32 under Windows XP/Vista/7

Re-copy your files over and place back in phone, then power back on.

I'm not sure Android always cleanly mounts/dis-mounts the sd-card if the phone
crashes and reboots on its own - which can happen if you do a lot of rom flashing!

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
IF you've renamed your nandroid directory structure... and added a space to the name you can end up with this error too.

crashbowman

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
This error also pops up when the battery is below a certain level, it is a safety so that the backup or restore does not get interrupted. I had this happen few times and plugging the power fixed it each time.

Like farfromuman said, this is a common nandroid error when your battery is low. Charge your phone then try and more than likely it will be fine.