Lg logo major new problem!!

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I turn my phone off or runs out of battery and I turn it on, the phone is stuck in the lg logo and I need to reboot it to use it again by doing the home,volume,power button combination... :(
This is when it started...
I rooted my phone with z4root and then I saw sprint sent me an update (ls670zvc) so I just unrooted my phone by going into z4root and unrooting. Then I went to my computer and updated to ls670zvc with the lg updater tool.
It was good and all but when I was playing with it and then the battery ran out and it turned off and I went to charge it, it was stuck on the lg logo screen!!
Now everytime I turn my phone on it gets stuck there somehow. Please help!!

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery installed?

If so, unroot and return to stock, following the instructions in the thread on this forum. Unroot, force into V8, install LG Stock recovery, upgrade to V9, upgrade to VC. It's the only way.

If you did not have a custom recovery installed:

Do the exact same thing.

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery installed?

If so, unroot and return to stock, following the instructions in the thread on this forum. Unroot, force into V8, install LG Stock recovery, upgrade to V9, upgrade to VC. It's the only way.

If you did not have a custom recovery installed:

Do the exact same thing.
I'm sorry but I have no idea on how to do that cuz I'm a noob... -_-
I never did any of those custom recovery thingies. I just did exactly how I explained inthe first post. Rooted, unrooted, updated, problem

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you have adb loaded on your workstation?

If so, try doing an adb logcat and see if you see anything... (it's possible that something's happening before your phone loads to a point where logcat will work, but it's worth a try...)

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The same thing is happening to my phone. I rooted with z4root and only installed some memory handling booster app and adfree or something like that.

I never messed with custom roms or anything other then those two apps.

I updated via LG updater tool and ever since then it won't boot past the the LG logo.

I've got to do the power reboot with the 3 key combination to get it to boot up.

Is it safe to choose the wipe date/factory reset option under system recovery?

Would that take me back to a brand new out of box Optimus which I then would update with the LG updater tool?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it would be safe because I don't know in what way your phone got bricked.

If you have a Custom Recovery partition, you could try restoring a NANDROID backup.

If that doesn't work you could either try the "how to unbrick" thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-software-version-ls670zvc-41.html#post610236

or try booting to the Recovery partition and trying the revert to V9 procedure in my signature.

Wipe data/cache or factory reset won't get you back to your original unless the LG Software Update tool failed during your update and left the previous OS in place.

Reactions: darktoy

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I turn my phone off or runs out of battery and I turn it on, the phone is stuck in the lg logo and I need to reboot it to use it again by doing the home,volume,power button combination... :(

Unfortunately, this seems to be a somewhat common problem many are seeing after upgrading to VC via the LG Updater. I've been spending a lot of time trying to fix, but still to no avail. I've still got a couple more alternatives, but have been doing this rather slowly while cooking my VC-based ROM.

A few, including myself, are able to successfully go into custom recovery with the home,volume power combination, and then reboot from there. But at times it has taken many attempts, which I'm interpreting as some sort of race condition that is going on. Others are using the "Un-Brick" method, but I believe at least in some cases they haven't persisted in the home,volume, power button combo. The other peculiarity it seems is that if the phone is connected to USB some, including me, can power down/up without a hitch. Still looking for an answer to that.

So for now, I'm just living with rebooting through custom recovery activated via the Quick Boot app which seems to work fine, or powering down while connected to USB on my computer.

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if my phone is officially bricked cause I'm using it just fine it's only when I reboot it that in order for it to boot up I've got to do a system reboot from the system recovery menu.

Thanks for clearing that up about the wipe data/factory reset option under system recovery.

I was thinking it was sorta like doing a fresh install so any bugs would be wiped out and thus I'd be able to boot up normally.

As you can probably tell I've got no experience with Linux of any sort, I'm so so with Windows/DOS and registry editing and minor HTML and such.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up about the wipe data/factory reset option under system recovery.

I was thinking it was sorta like doing a fresh install so any bugs would be wiped out and thus I'd be able to boot up normally.

As you can probably tell I've got no experience with Linux of any sort, I'm so so with Windows/DOS and registry editing and minor HTML and such.
If your VC update went through, then wipe data/cache or factory reset wouldn't get you to the previous OS. It only erases stuff that is generated upon first boot. The OS is already in place and doesn't change, only the generated files get rebuilt.

However that's not to say it couldn't help in your situation. Assuming you have a Custom Recovery install, you should only perform wipe data/cache from the Recovery menu. If you try it from within android (privacy->reset or ##786#) then it could brick your phone. If you have the stock recovery partition, then you can perform the factory reset from within android also.

Just be aware that since your phone is in an unknown state, operations might not behave as expected and something that would work fine under normal conditions (like wipe data/cache) might behave differently and could even make things worse.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
This is very odd, I do have CWMA recovery installed. I had NRom working. I decided to reboot and reflash GB from Zefie, but now my phone is stuck at the LG Logo. Is the force method the only way to do this? I have tried multiple times to get into recovery and it doesn't work...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can't get into recovery, then your options are more limited and you probably will need to try the unbrick thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...s/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

Before trying that, do the standard stuff like removing your sdcard, remove your battery for a few minutes, reinsert your battery, and see if it boots without sdcard.

I think someone posted they tried a different keyboard startup combo like Power + Vol+ + Home and was able to get the phone out of that mode, but that might have been coincidence.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
It is just odd that I hadn't done ANYTHING. I simply powered off the phone and went to go into Recovery. So strange. I did delete some folders off of my SD Card like .android_secure because somewhere in the GB thread they said that it caused an issue with the rotary unlock. Then viola, this happened...

Edit:
Finally got into recovery, from recovery I got the nandroid for V8 stock, did the nandroid backup, and restored the stock recovery. From V8 upgraded to V9. From V9 rerooted and installed CWMA, from CWMA went into GB and now have a working phone again! Don't give up keep doing the recovery key combo and don't hesitate to ask questions we are here to help! :)

P.S. It was a heck of a time, since i was actually bricked with the "Emergency Mode" as my only option. So there is still hope!

Last edited:

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If anybody found a solution on how to fix the problem on the first post please post step by step on how to solve it for us noobs X)

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I was stuck at one point where I couldn't boot into recovery, but could boot into the main phone os...

At one point, I couldn't get past the LG logo... one of the things I found was that if I pulled the battery for a couple of minutes I could get the phone to boot...

Have you tried it while plugged into your computer? (or conversely without being connected to your computer?)

I have periodic hangs on boot... whenever this has happened and I've been where I could look at my phone, it was hung waiting for my sd card.

Can you boot back into recovery? (you probably said you'd attempted it earlier...)

Not sure what else to suggest...

Edit - Note:
adb logcat means to run "adb Logcat" at a command prompt...

you said earlier you'd rooted it with z4root, then unrooted and upgraded to zvc... did you ever follow any of the instructions related to installing custom recovery rom?

(you said earlier you can boot your phone by doing the volume-down + home + power method right? or is your phone completely hung at the LG logo?)

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was stuck at one point where I couldn't boot into recovery, but could boot into the main phone os...

At one point, I couldn't get past the LG logo... one of the things I found was that if I pulled the battery for a couple of minutes I could get the phone to boot...

Have you tried it while plugged into your computer? (or conversely without being connected to your computer?)

I have periodic hangs on boot... whenever this has happened and I've been where I could look at my phone, it was hung waiting for my sd card.

Can you boot back into recovery? (you probably said you'd attempted it earlier...)

Not sure what else to suggest...

Edit - Note:
adb logcat means to run "adb Logcat" at a command prompt...

you said earlier you'd rooted it with z4root, then unrooted and upgraded to zvc... did you ever follow any of the instructions related to installing custom recovery rom?

(you said earlier you can boot your phone by doing the volume-down + home + power method right? or is your phone completely hung at the LG logo?)
I'm using my phone rite now but if I wanna use it after it got turned off, I need to do the buttons method, oress reboot phone and then I can use it. I'm good with my phone and all but it just bugs me that I need to turn it on by rebooting...
Thanks for the help anyways :)

jjairal

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i was stuck on lg logo and hadnt even rooted my phone ever. but i did the battery pull a few times untill it finnaly started then no problems after that. Thinking of rooting soon.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
Alright, I attempted a little experiment and it bricked my phone again. What had happened was, I was running GB, downgraded (wiped /system and /data) back to NRom 1.5.1. Everything was good for a day. I manually shut the phone down (using power off) and went to boot back up and i was magically at the LG Logo screen and stuck. This is how my brick was done before. Now after repeated tries, I can get into recovery. I am going to apply a stock nandroid of V8, upgrade to V9, then to VC AGAIN and try this one more time. If it happens, then I know for sure it is from GB to NRom. Any one else experience something like this?

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I attempted a little experiment and it bricked my phone again. What had happened was, I was running GB, downgraded (wiped /system and /data) back to NRom 1.5.1. Everything was good for a day. I manually shut the phone down (using power off) and went to boot back up and i was magically at the LG Logo screen and stuck. This is how my brick was done before. Now after repeated tries, I can get into recovery. I am going to apply a stock nandroid of V8, upgrade to V9, then to VC AGAIN and try this one more time. If it happens, then I know for sure it is from GB to NRom. Any one else experience something like this?

Seriously doubt if this was because of GB to NROM. Rather, I believe something is happening in the upgrade from V9 to VC via the LG Software Updater. It shows itself when powering off/on. Going thru the V8 to V9 to VC might clear it up, or might not, meaning with some other steps, some have fixed the issue. Am very interested in your update on this.

xtacocorex

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Going thru the V8 to V9 to VC might clear it up, or might not, meaning with some other steps, some have fixed the issue.

Return to V8, update to V9, then use LG Updater tool for VC has messed up both of the Optimus's in my house. I've been experimenting with formatting partitions using zefie's recovery, to no success.

It's my belief that something is getting set in the boot flash upon poweroff that is screwing up the boot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay