03-08-2011 10:33 PM
33 12
tools
    I hope u guys realize that anything after froyo includes a2sd, so dont really see the point. The only benefit would be the added space when moving the dalvik vm on the sd card, but with the added wear & tear, the advantages are questionable.
    03-08-2011 08:16 PM
    I am running CM7 also, and I changed the file in the userinit.d directory to userinit.sh to see if that will help. I am assuming that if there is a primary partition that is an ext2,3,or 4 on the sdcard, that cm7 automatically mounts it as sd-ext. Is that correct?
    CM7 expects the ext to be the second partition. I think Ext 2 and 3 are ok, not sure about ext 4.

If you use CWM 3.0.0.6, just go to Advanced->Partition SD. Make sure you backup your SD card as this will erase the card.
    03-08-2011 08:50 PM
    I hope u guys realize that anything after froyo includes a2sd, so dont really see the point. The only benefit would be the added space when moving the dalvik vm on the sd card, but with the added wear & tear, the advantages are questionable.
    The built-in apps2sd is not very good. Every app that is moved to SD is mounted as a separate app, taking a lot of resources and it's slow.

At least that's my opinion.
    03-08-2011 08:53 PM
    It has a2sd on a per item basis, and you need to either let android decide, by choosing automatic or manually move to sd card through manage applications. We are trying to get it to move all items except for user data..

EDIT - So as I said before, I can run the commands in the script manually and have success, so I am assuming the script is not getting read correctly or it has the wrong privileges.

I made the script and then chmod 775 on it and chown root:system on it.

Any ideas left?
    03-08-2011 09:01 PM
    So, it is not setting up the symlink correctly, right?

EDIT-

This is the contents of the script I am using:

mv /data/app/* /sd-ext/app
    mount -o bind /sd-ext/app /data/app

I think I am missing a forward slash, hold on...
    The script isn't running at boot, I can run it manually and it works.

Where to now?
    This is not a symlink. We are actually remounting /sd-ext/app as /data/app, so when anything tries to access /data/app, it is actually looking at /sd-ext/app.

This is better then a symlink because someone or something could delete the symlink and you would have no more /data/app. Also mounting is a little more efficient than symlinks

If you are not going to use the userinit.d directory, then you have to put the script in the root of sd-ext and name it userinit.sh.

If it is still not running on boot, then check there things :
    1. /system/etc/init.d/20userinit exists and is executable
    2. /sd-ext/userinit.sh is executable
    3. /sd-ext/userinit.sh is chmoded to root:system

HINT : While you are testing, you might want to change the move command to a copy command (cp /data/app/* /sd-ext/app)
    03-08-2011 09:06 PM
    It has a2sd on a per item basis, and you need to either let android decide, by choosing automatic or manually move to sd card through manage applications. We are trying to get it to move all items except for user data..

EDIT - So as I said before, I can run the commands in the script manually and have success, so I am assuming the script is not getting read correctly or it has the wrong privileges.

I made the script and then chmod 775 on it and chown root:system on it.

Any ideas left?
    If your script is in userinit.d, the script name can only consist of letters, numbers, hyphen, and underscore.

See excerpt of the run-parts man page below.

run-parts runs all the executable files named within constraints described below, found in directory directory. Other
    files and directories are silently ignored.

If neither the --lsbsysinit option nor the --regex option is given then the names must consist entirely of upper and
    lower case letters, digits, underscores, and hyphens.

If the --lsbsysinit option is given, then the names must not end in .dpkg-old or .dpkg-dist or .dpkg-new or .dpkg-tmp,
    and must belong to one or more of the following namespaces: the LANANA-assigned namespace (^[a-z0-9]+$); the LSB hier‐
    archical and reserved namespaces (^_?([a-z0-9_.]+-)+[a-z0-9]+$); and the Debian cron script namespace (^[a-zA-
    Z0-9_-]+$).

If the --regex option is given, the names must match the custom extended regular expression specified as that option's
    argument.

Files are run in the lexical sort order of their names unless the --reverse option is given, in which case they are run
    in the opposite order.
    03-08-2011 09:20 PM
    This is not a symlink. We are actually remounting /sd-ext/app as /data/app, so when anything tries to access /data/app, it is actually looking at /sd-ext/app.

This is better then a symlink because someone or something could delete the symlink and you would have no more /data/app. Also mounting is a little more efficient than symlinks

If you are not going to use the userinit.d directory, then you have to put the script in the root of sd-ext and name it userinit.sh.

If it is still not running on boot, then check there things :
    1. /system/etc/init.d/20userinit exists and is executable
    2. /sd-ext/userinit.sh is executable
    3. /sd-ext/userinit.sh is chmoded to root:system

HINT : While you are testing, you might want to change the move command to a copy command (cp /data/app/* /sd-ext/app)
    script in userint.d wasn't executable, it works now...
    I will post it up in an easier to read format, for those that want to try it...

EDIT -- I was wrong, it still isn't mounting correctly. I will test some more.
    03-08-2011 09:38 PM
    Got it...I will post shortly.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded Optimis S using tapatalk...
    03-08-2011 10:33 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD