[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally here!

The LG Optimus S Control Center!
Now with Android Automation Technology!

READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!!

Important Information for version 1.1.001:
Version 1.1.001 of the Control Center brings a really cool new feature: Built-in Android SDK Tools. This means you can use the application without having first installed the Android SDK and SDK Tools. This feature is not currently available in the patched update, because arbitrarily switching SDK Tools is not recommended. This limitation is part of the No Stupid Stuff philosophy. The full install package (with prior full uninstallation) will ask you which one you wish to use upon first run.

COMING SOON:
UI Makeover (Check out the Non-Functional UI Demo!)
Sprint ID Remove/Restore
Launcher Management
ROM Management (shh...it's magic)
Kernel Management (has strange issues right now)

About this app:
The Control Center was created out of necessity. Many users were having issues with the latest LS670ZVC update from Sprint, and it became quite clear that a one-click solution was in order. So began the "super duper easy VC root" app, but it didn't stop there. I figured if I could create a working GUI root application, why not do a whole control center revolved around this awesome little device? Thus the LG Optimus S Control Center was born.

Android Automation Technology (AAT):
AAT is something I cooked up as a result of developing this application. Once I figured out that spawning CMD.EXE and piping text to it using a bunch of SendText calls wasn't going to get anybody anywhere, I started working on AAT. AAT is simply a really fancy term for shell scripts that allow an application to interact with a rooted Android system in ways nobody thought possible before. If it can be done in a shell, I can probably implement it with AAT. AAT also makes updates super duper simple :)

No Stupid Stuff:
No Stupid Stuff is somewhat of an internal philosophy, rather than a technology. No Stupid Stuff is a simple term for not allowing the end-user to do things that have a high chance of breakage (or simply not working at all). Things like unrooting whilst having a custom recovery kernel installed, or trying to install a custom recovery kernel without first being rooted.

Screenshots:
View the Photobucket album.

Current Features and Abilities:
1) Android Automation Technology
2) Super simple root utility.
3) Even simpler unroot utility.
4) Install your choice of recovery kernels (choices are Xionia, GNM (drellisdee), stock V9)
5) BASH default shell :)
6) No Android SDK requirements :)

Planned Features and Abilities:
1) Remove/Restore Sprint ID
2) Install/Switch Launchers
3) Install/Switch kernels (MAYBE)
4) Install/Switch ROMS (MAYBE)
5) And so much more...

Prerequisites:
1) You NEED the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 installed. Without this the application will not run.
2) You no longer need the Android SDK and SDK Tools, as version 1.1.001 and above have the option of using the built-in SDK Tools.
3) Version 1.0.015 and above no longer requires the SDK Tools to be in the PATH variable.
4) Your Optimus S should be running the latest software version installed by the LG Mobile Update tool. The Control Center COULD work with V9, but it's not guaranteed. This also means that prior to using the Control Center, your device should be unrooted and using the stock V9 recovery kernel. If you updated the old-fashioned OTA way (didn't use the LG tool), you NEED to read THIS POST!

Download:
Download version 1.1.001 Full Installer
Patch any version to 1.1.001 (not full installer, just universal patch)
Super duper thanks to Bone_Enterprise for the file hosting.

Extra Notes:
The root process may not be successful the first time around. Make sure it's REALLY rooted before installing custom recovery. If Superuser is not installed upon first boot after rooting, run the root utility again.

In the Program Files\LG Optimus S Control Center directory, you will find the update.zip that is needed to trick the recovery into mounting the system partition.

Also: in the same folder mentioned above, there are folders called "root" "scripts" and "customrecovery". DO NOT TOUCH THESE!!! YOU COULD SERIOUSLY SCREW UP YOUR PHONE!!!

Version History:
Version 1.9.999-test1 (3/15/2011): OSCC 2.0 development test build
Version 1.1.001 (2/22/2011): Added built-in Android SDK Tools
Version 1.0.016 (2/22/2011): Minor UI fixes
Version 1.0.015 (2/22/2011): No longer requires SDK Tools to be in PATH variable
Version 1.0.001 (2/22/2011): Initial release

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Man, bravo for this. Amazing amazing work. Just looking at the photobucket album you made, it REALLY seems so user friendly.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't have the sdk tools location in your PATH variable. This is a REQUIREMENT for this version.

Also: the rooting process could brick your device if you're not using the stock recovery. I WARNED YOU.

dohmm

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
nevermind i just flashed thuderrom 1.7 just for sh*ts and giggles and it worked. didn't have to root anything.

thekid

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i know what i will be doing when i get home from work this afternoon. great work and thank you for your time and hard work.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
nevermind i just flashed thuderrom 1.7 just for sh*ts and giggles and it worked. didn't have to root anything.

I hope you didn't just flash TR 1.7 on top of a V9 radio. If you did, have fun with hands-free activation...

i know what i will be doing when i get home from work this afternoon. great work and thank you for your time and hard work.

Great! Make sure you follow ALL directions and if you need something clarified, ask first! Depending on what time you return, I may have already updated to 1.0.015, which will no longer require the SDK Tools location be in the PATH variable.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Tattoo_Paul

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Had OTA installed by Sprint tech (unbeknownst to me) when I picked my replacement phone. Followed the directions for reverting to V9 succesfully. Could not get V9 (thunderc) recovery installed. Could not get root with tool or ADB.

This S*cks. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney