[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had OTA installed by Sprint tech (unbeknownst to me) when I picked my replacement phone. Followed the directions for reverting to V9 succesfully. Could not get V9 (thunderc) recovery installed. Could not get root with tool or ADB.

This S*cks. Any suggestions?
Be more specific, what did you try to get V9 recovery installed and what was the error/problem?

If you want to root with V9 you can just use z4root from android os.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...t-recovery-rom-without-touching-computer.html

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Can I install VC OTA and then use this to reroot and be able to install either TR 1.7 or Lego? What happens to the custom recovery? All in all, just plain awesome. Great job!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For both the previous posts. This pre-requisite has your answer.

The Control Center tool assumes you previously updated from V9 to VC using the LG Software Updater tool.

If you used the OTA VC update, it suggests you revert back to V9 and follow the steps to properly get the VC update (which include restoring the V9 recovery partition)

4) Your Optimus S should be running the latest software version installed by the LG Mobile Update tool. The Control Center COULD work with V9, but it's not guaranteed. This also means that prior to using the Control Center, your device should be unrooted and using the stock V9 recovery kernel. If you updated the old-fashioned OTA way (didn't use the LG tool), you NEED to read THIS POST!

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I've got it.

To clarify, I should:

Use the LG Software Update tool to move from V9 to VC.
After that, use AAT to reroot and prepare for custom rom installation.

Yes? Maybe?

mkho30

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
This app is amazing as hell. I stayed up last night before this came out and could not root. I then rooted and installed custom recovery in less than five minuted. Amazing, and great work.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i cant install anyway cause i have a custom recovery...im about to see if u can do it through the lg software updater tool..do i still need to remove my custom recovery?
You should be able to do it that way. I personally restored the stock V9 recovery first, but LG Software Updater doesn't touch the recovery and from what I can tell it flashes the radio directly without using the Recovery partition.

So it should work, but if you want to be absolutely safe, restore the V9 recovery partition first.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No really, make it a little easier why don't you! Can this app do my laundry while it roots the phone? Looking at the change log i'd expect this feature in about 45 minutes :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Did I just see the option to unroot my V9 phone and put LG recovery back on?

I totally just realized I misread your post.

Edited short answer: No
Edited long answer: The Control Center was designed for VC devices only. One of the (intended) side-effects of AAT is that Unrooting and recovery kernel flashing will only work on VC devices that have been previously rooted by the Control Center. Read the Android Automation Technology section in the original post to learn why this is. (HINT: shell scripts)

If you'd like a V9 recovery image and the proper unrooting steps, let me know and I'll upload the image and give you the steps to unroot and update to VC.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Drew, sorry for the semi off-topic.

I think we figured out why some LS670 units aren't able to get the VC update using the LG Software Updater tool anymore. It has to do with refurbished units coming with new MEIDs which likely aren't registered in LGs MEID database. The LG Software Updater tool likely interprets a failure for the software check (which is based on MEID) as no updates available and tells the user they are up to date.

See this thread for more details.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...g-software-updater-ls670zvc-4.html#post637034

I put a warning in the revert instructions.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No really, make it a little easier why don't you! Can this app do my laundry while it roots the phone? Looking at the change log i'd expect this feature in about 45 minutes :)

What, with LaundryMachine Automation Technology? I don't know about that one, but flashing kernels should be operational in a few hours.

Can you start on the kitchen for one click custom ROMs please.

I'm afraid I am not quite understanding this request. Are you:
A) Asking for an application that spits out custom ROMs?
B) Asking for the Control Center to be able to flash custom ROMs?

Answer to A: Thinking about it, but that would entail learning more about how ROMs are actually built. Not exactly on my priority list.
Answer to B: Definitely on the roadmap, but need to get kernel flashing to work first. A ROM flashing process that doesn't involve the regular recovery "install/apply zip file" process is presumably quite a feat. I'll figure it out though.

Hey Drew, sorry for the semi off-topic.

I think we figured out why some LS670 units aren't able to get the VC update using the LG Software Updater tool anymore. It has to do with refurbished units coming with new MEIDs which likely aren't registered in LGs MEID database. The LG Software Updater tool likely interprets a failure for the software check (which is based on MEID) as no updates available and tells the user they are up to date.

See this thread for more details.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...g-software-updater-ls670zvc-4.html#post637034

I put a warning in the revert instructions.

Oh, Sprint... that's not very nice of them. Not very nice at all. I'll update the rooting guide (and this thread) shortly.

EDIT: Can users force-flash zefie's VC cab as an alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463