[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has a way that I can get my phone running, I would appreciate it!
Your flash seems to have gone fine. However there is some boot shenanigans gone wild. Can you boot into recovery?

Pull battery

Home + Vol down + Power (hold until recovery comes up)

OrFunCo1

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Your flash seems to have gone fine. However there is some boot shenanigans gone wild. Can you boot into recovery?

Pull battery

Home + Vol down + Power (hold until recovery comes up)
Yes, I can boot into recovery. When I go to recovery and select "reboot system now" the phone starts the reboot process and hangs at the Sprint logo again.

Thanks for helping.

OrFunCo1

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a custom recovery or stock recovery?
It must be the stock recovery ... the only thing I have ever tried with the phone is reverting to V9 from VD ... as you can see that has not gone well.

EDIT: What should I do next??? Thanks

EDIT: I just tried to go into emergency mode (from the unbrick thread) and got the following:

Android system recovery ...

Do not pull out battery!!

Finding update package…
E:Can’t find command file CACHE:recovery/command
Installation aborted. No valid image in CACHE.

EDIT: Since I am a newbie, I really don't know where to go from here ... Do I need to figure out how to root the phone and install a recovery? ... can I put a recovery file on the SD card and install it on the phone from there? ... Am I faced with taking the phone back to Sprint? ... Please help, Thanks!

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you are pressing the right combo of buttons? It is kind of hard to get them all pressed. Try it with your phone off before you press the buttons.

OrFunCo1

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Here are the steps I followed:
1. pull and reinsert battery
2. Press the following keys in this sequence, and keep them pressed until the boot screen is fully loaded:
a. Search Button on lower right corner of the front of phone
b. camera button on the lower right side of phone
c. volume down button on right side of phone
d. power button on the top right side

To update: I took the phone to Sprint, and they could not get past the Sprint Logo when booting the phone either... so I now have a new phone with version VD.

Just for kicks, I just tried to do the emergency boot procedure, and got this again:

Android system recovery ...

Do not pull out battery!!

Finding update package…
E:Can’t find command file CACHE:recovery/command
Installation aborted. No valid image in CACHE.

So that is it. I'm wondering if I'm the first person to brick my phone while doing this?

EDIT: The above steps are what I used to try to get into emergency mode. To get into recovery I did the following:

Pull battery

Hold down: Home + Vol down + Power (hold until recovery comes up)

Last edited:

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
From what I remember, the stock recovery expects there to be stuff in cache, so you have to go through one normal boot cycle before cache is populated and the stock recovery will work fully (and you were never able to do this). So, you are not the first person to see that error in stock recovery.

It is too late now (you have new phone), but if I were you I'd do the KP500/LG update again, possibly with a different baseband version if another try with V9 borks.

Also, when you were able to boot into stock recovery, you could then have connected with adb shell, rooted your phone and flashed a custom recovery.

Just my thoughts, I know they're too late but maybe they'll help somebody. sfhub, thanks for this guide!

ravioli

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just finished the software update and the phone rebooted, went past the Sprint splash screen and it is stuck (not frozen) on the Android animation. I let it go for about 15 mins then pulled the battery but still stuck at Android.

I have the V9 recovery that I installed from this thread.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I can reboot to recovery.

**edit, nvm, I booted to recovery and wiped data/factory reset, wipe cache and all is well

Last edited:

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
is that file in the same folder as KP500 ? ( step f ) Also, how new is your phone? If its fairly new, it may have a newer hardware revision with different LCD hardware , which case you will want to download and use the VD version
Substitute these steps to Force Flash VD
f) download VD cab (LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab) (Alternate download)
h) ren LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab LS670ZVD.cab
i) expected checksum - 6bd5faf21acb951abb7e2c6e8ce39e7d *LS670ZVD.cab
n) cab file - LS670ZVD.cab
o) version - LS670ZVD_12

Last edited:

Jwh1o1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry for this post I did not read any of the posts with this thread at the time and when i started to read i lost internet to delete this post but I have read and got everything fixed ty for the fast replys too heh and ty for the welcomes to the forum it is very informative have a great day all!

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
no display

im having a little trouble i get to step R but my phone display will not display anything anymore it still has touchscreen working because it has sounds like your moving the home screen but there is nothing displayed when i revert to the updated version from lg the screen shows up again any suggestions did i miss a step?

Yeah, you have a new phone like mine, V9 doesn't have the drivers for it. Read warning number 2 in the first post, it's in red. It will point you in the right direction.

EDIT: Don't worry, it's not hard and you're most of the way through.

EDIT 2: Also, welcome to Android Central :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12