Was not able to use wii controler on th optimus s before rooted or not or with custom roms. Just installed 2272011 Awsomeness and now it is working. When i tried to connect it asked for superuser permission and it worked. It never asked for permission before. Any ideas what is allowing the app to connect with the controller now.
    03-01-2011 01:15 PM
    Was not able to use wii controler on th optimus s before rooted or not or with custom roms. Just installed 2272011 Awsomeness and now it is working. When i tried to connect it asked for superuser permission and it worked. It never asked for permission before. Any ideas what is allowing the app to connect with the controller now.
    Yeah, i posted about this on the original wiimote thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...6-wiimote.html

It worked since at least the 02202011 build, when i first flashed it. CM7 fixed this functionality for the evo as well. Did you download the root wiicontroller app? I can't see a reason why that app would need root access, so i installed a different one. It still works, so i'm not sure why you need root access. tested with

Wiimote controller - Android app on AppBrain

and

Wii Controller IME - Android Application on the Android market

So you shouldn't need root access.
    jjairal likes this.
    03-01-2011 04:19 PM
    i think i was using simplewiicontroller
    03-02-2011 04:17 AM
    it would be cool if you could use your phone to control your wii
    03-02-2011 05:44 PM
    it would be cool if you could use your phone to control your wii
    Wii Controller Demo lets you have some control of your wii controller, but you would need an infrared android to directly interact with the wii, which I'm not sure exists.
    03-02-2011 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD