1 click root for VC/VD?

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone at least trying to root zvc without having to revert to zv9? Seems like there has to be a way. Does anyone know why zvc can't be rooted?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The version of VC distributed OTA by Sprint can't be rooted because Sprint blocked all known root methods. The version of VC installed by the LG tool does the same thing, but they forgot to also update the recovery kernel (or they intentionally left it out to appease the hackers).

This all means that the current root method exploits the V9 recovery kernel (which does not get updated by the LG tool).

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Times like these I miss my Samsung Moment. I could cook up whatever rom I wanted and just flash it to my device. I guess I assumed when I upgraded to this thing that LG had the same type of software out there that would allow a force flash of whatever you want. I'm not much of a pro hacker... I'm little more than a script kiddie but if there is one thing I know, there are usually hundreds of ways to gain root access in linux.... there has to be some way to break the samurai level will power of the Optimus and force it to do our bidding. I would mess with this phone more but its the only one I have at the moment and I'd rather not brick it and be out on my ass without a phone lol. I bricked 5 Samsung Moments and got Sprint to warranty exchange each and every one of them... thats how I got the Optimus :D
Not sure I can get them to exchange a 6th lol

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Times like these I miss my Samsung Moment. I could cook up whatever rom I wanted and just flash it to my device. I guess I assumed when I upgraded to this thing that LG had the same type of software out there that would allow a force flash of whatever you want.

Perhaps we have not yet discovered it? It is not like Samsung handed us Odin, alot of trial and error went into figuring out how to make Odin work with the moment as well as some bricks.

s33ker

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Times like these I miss my Samsung Moment. I could cook up whatever rom I wanted and just flash it to my device. I guess I assumed when I upgraded to this thing that LG had the same type of software out there that would allow a force flash of whatever you want. I'm not much of a pro hacker... I'm little more than a script kiddie but if there is one thing I know, there are usually hundreds of ways to gain root access in linux.... there has to be some way to break the samurai level will power of the Optimus and force it to do our bidding. I would mess with this phone more but its the only one I have at the moment and I'd rather not brick it and be out on my ass without a phone lol. I bricked 5 Samsung Moments and got Sprint to warranty exchange each and every one of them... thats how I got the Optimus :D
Not sure I can get them to exchange a 6th lol

There is no way to root OTA VC. Reverting to V9 and updating to VC via the LG tool is the only way.

You can always buy a Samsung Intercept.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there will be a new exploit eventually.

However the number of people qualified to discover a true new generic android exploit are a much much smaller percentage of the user base than the number of people wanting to run the exploit.

Once a new exploit comes out, everyone makes their version of that exploit on their platform to get root with their marketing names, z4root, superoneclick, etc.. They are all based on the same core exploit(s) though (which are hard to come by) and if that exploit gets plugged, all the various utilities stop working.

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Bummer... lol

Does anyone know of any ODIN projects or tools out there for the Optimus ?

Also any I'm really getting tired of not having a rooted phone... so I think I'm going to give in and revert to v9, root it, cook the **** out of it, and hope the force to vC won't undo everything I did.... only issue... has anyone successfully done this WITHOUT windows?

I run strictly linux and haven't begun to investigate the compatibly between the LG updater tool and linux.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Bummer... lol

Does anyone know of any ODIN projects or tools out there for the Optimus ?

Also any I'm really getting tired of not having a rooted phone... so I think I'm going to give in and revert to v9, root it, cook the **** out of it, and hope the force to vC won't undo everything I did.... only issue... has anyone successfully done this WITHOUT windows?

I run strictly linux and haven't begun to investigate the compatibly between the LG updater tool and linux.

I run Ubuntu at home and had to go to a friend's place to use his Windows computer for the LG Updater. VirtualBox won't work and I'm guessing Wine won't work, either.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there will be a new exploit eventually.

However the number of people qualified to discover a true new generic android exploit are a much much smaller percentage of the user base than the number of people wanting to run the exploit.

Once a new exploit comes out, everyone makes their version of that exploit on their platform to get root with their marketing names, z4root, superoneclick, etc.. They are all based on the same core exploit(s) though (which are hard to come by) and if that exploit gets plugged, all the various utilities stop working.

And until there's no longer a method to get past being locked out, people won't look for a new solution...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Most people here might not, but there are some folks always looking for exploits, for intellectual curiosity or some other gain.

Reactions: Queueyou

chiphead

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that it works going from refurb V9 with Lego/xionia recovery to VC by using the force KP500 update in LG Phone Tools. I used the mount USB trick, because the tool kept crashing on me.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
one click root for LS670ZVD

Please tell me someone is working on making a one click root (like the z4root or androot) for this update LS670ZVD. I am not a computer geek and need a simplified way to root.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me someone is working on making a one click root (like the z4root or androot) for this update LS670ZVD. I am not a computer geek and need a simplified way to root.

If you have a custom recovery, its a one *flash* root, because all you would need to do then is flash a ZIP file, much like flashing a ROM. Personally, I think the latest update makes rooting (or re-rooting for that matter) really simple.

The issue with z4 or universal androot is they both use an exploit that has been patched by Google. If somehow the private key that LG uses to sign their updates with was leaked, we could in theory create "official" updates that would root the device.

Bet that's NEVER going to happen though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci