Error: Android.Process.Acore force close

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Im rooted, updated to VC, and running ThundeRom

Every time i go to add a new contact or merge two exsisting ones, i get this error message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and then i have the option to force close. This is extremely annoying because...well i cant add new contacts! :mad:

please help!

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I realize that it's a different animal, but on my Gtab if that happens it means that that the contacts database became corrupted somehow. From the Gtab Sticky on XDA:

"Problems with acore FC's
The problem is a corrupt contacts sqlite database. As the referenced post says, you'll be able to tell if thats the problem when there is a .db-journal file in the folder. The folder is /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/ *Note* this is not the data folder in sdcard, but the data folder in root (/).

Just delete the databases folder in /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts and restart. The contacts database will be rebuilt and re-synced."

Nandroid first and if you are concerned, you can just rename that DB file instead of deleting it to see if that is the issue.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I tried this but the problem persists. When they say "restart" do they mean to just reboot? or to factory reset? I only rebooted, maybe that is why this didn't work?

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Dang, sorry it didn't work. Yeah, when they say restart they just mean reboot. Did you delete the whole folder as they said or just rename that db file?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I tried this but the problem persists. When they say "restart" do they mean to just reboot? or to factory reset? I only rebooted, maybe that is why this didn't work?

My first method would be to try comment #26 from that link I posted before. Comment #33 and 34 suggest a factory reset. Reboot only temporarily fixed the problem until the phone synced again.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
SOLUTION: Unfroze all apps and processes in Titanium(some being system) and it solved the problem. Now I'm in the process of freezing each one i had previously frozen to see which one strikes a nerve.

UPDATE:Turns out you cant freeze the stock messenger =[ im using Handcent and it bothered me that the default messaging app was in my tray haha. I just hid it with Launcher Pro now, so everything is good!

Many thanks to both of you!

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Glad you figured it out! I'm surprised that you were able to send/receive messages with the stock messaging app frozen. I thought it was necessary, even if you use handcent.

jedonohue

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
hi
i just did a revert from zvh to zvd and now i am getting android.process.acore error and also sometimes the android.process.media error. So i saw this thread and wondered if anyone knew what to do for that?

athinhtet

May 25, 2013
Visit site
hello bro. i have a same problem,too. i almost do not understand what you are saying! help
help......i'll be nearly crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ValEntina KyoUng

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
:( IF i add a new contact everytime i get this error message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and then i have the option to force close. help me plz , i can't add my new contacts n it's to00 irritating :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol