Here's my setup:
    ZVC base w/TR1.7 and stock kernel. Rooted of course...

I do not use the stock voicemail app and was wondering if it can safely be removed? If so, how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance!
    03-07-2011 03:30 PM
    I deleted it yesterday but heres the catch. U wont be able to recieve voicemails. when people try to send u one it will say: phone out of service or something. Thats wat it says to me XP. I probably screwed something up though
    03-07-2011 03:56 PM
    You can use Titanium to remove it.

You can also delete the data from settings->applications, and manually remove the apk at /system/app/vtt-sprint.apk
    03-07-2011 03:56 PM
    I deleted it yesterday but heres the catch. U wont be able to recieve voicemails. when people try to send u one it will say: phone out of service or something. Thats wat it says to me XP. I probably screwed something up though
    Usually people will call forward busy/noanswer to their google voice mail.
    03-07-2011 03:58 PM
    Another catch - when pressing on the voicemail button on the dialer the dialer will crash - No big deal though..
    03-07-2011 05:57 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. I just got rid of it with Titanium. Exactly what I was looking for.

A couple of other quick questions if you guys don't mind?

Is there a list somewhere of "safe to delete" system apps? Like Google Voice, the stock alarm clock, analog clock, dual clock, etc. etc.? I use things that I've downloaded from the market to replace most of the stock stuff on my phone and it's basically just taking up space right now, I think.
    Are the downloaded apps dependent on the stock apps? Or can I get rid of them?

Also, speaking of the voicemail button in the dialer - is there a way to "map" it to open something else? Like my 3rd party voicemail service?

Thanks again guys - you all rock!
    03-07-2011 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD