SW Version LS670ZVD?

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I just downgraded to to V9 and then was planning to upgrade to VC through the LG updater tool so that I could re-root and install Lego V2. But was caught by surprise when I couldn't re-root. I looked at the software version to make sure I was on VC with the VC radio, but Lo and Behold, I saw that I'm now on VD? Anyone else ran into this? I'm wondering if this is because there were so many issues with updating to VC and the cold boot issues?

Anyone have any insight? Or know how to root VD? I'm in the middle of trying to use the V9 root, but gotta run to dinner. I'll report back if it works.

Reactions: drewwalton19216801

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just downgraded to to V9 and then was planning to upgrade to VC through the LG updater tool so that I could re-root and install Lego V2. But was caught by surprise when I couldn't re-root. I looked at the software version to make sure I was on VC with the VC radio, but Lo and Behold, I saw that I'm now on VD? Anyone else ran into this? I'm wondering if this is because there were so many issues with updating to VC and the cold boot issues?

Anyone have any insight? Or know how to root VD? I'm in the middle of trying to use the V9 root, but gotta run to dinner. I'll report back if it works.

?!?!?!?!?!? Screen shot please.

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried rooting using VC and V9 methods, but neither works. If I didn't need my phone in the next hour, I'd try to cold boot and see if it at least fixes the LG hang problem that I used to have on VC. Gimme a couple of hours and I'll try cold booting and report back.

Even tried a combination of using V9 and VC, but it still doesn't work. Tried using the update.zip with the files in /data/local/tmp and chmodding the rageagainstthecage, but it just hung and I couldn't get back to the shell without warm booting.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
awwwwww [explitive] .......

What he said.

Tried rooting using VC and V9 methods, but neither works. If I didn't need my phone in the next hour, I'd try to cold boot and see if it at least fixes the LG hang problem that I used to have on VC. Gimme a couple of hours and I'll try cold booting and report back.

Even tried a combination of using V9 and VC, but it still doesn't work. Tried using the update.zip with the files in /data/local/tmp and chmodding the rageagainstthecage, but it just hung and I couldn't get back to the shell without warm booting.

I'm having a thought here about rooting this piece of [expletive]. Give me a few and I'll report back.

EDIT: This is interesting. My Scott Pilgrim boot animation is still there and rockin'.

EDIT 2: First boot after updating took FOREVER.

EDIT 3: Android version is now 2.2.2

Last edited:
Reactions: 808rides

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here i am, all out of beer, about to go to bed, then this happens?? Really?? 9am tomorrow doesn't work for you LG/Sprint? We'll all act like this never happened and pick back up tomorrow and i PROMISE we'll all act surprised.

Reactions: 808rides

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Well there's some good news, it doesn't hang on a cold boot like it used to. In fact it seems to boot super quick now. Couldn't wait til after dinner to try it ;-) figured screw it, I could use my work phone tonite if necessary.

EDIT* What Drew said, first boot took forever. But my cold boot after that was super fast. Ah hell, I'm just happy it was actually able to cold boot. The only time I could was on V8, V9 and OTA VC. LG updated VC or KP500 updated VC would always result in a LG hang on cold boot.

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Here i am, all out of beer, about to go to bed, then this happens?? Really?? 9am tomorrow doesn't work for you LG/Sprint? We'll all act like this never happened and pick back up tomorrow and i PROMISE we'll all act surprised.

Haha, guess I gotta buy you more beer if you figure out how to root VD or redo Lego V3 ;-)

Just kidding, thanks for all the hard work. All of you!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes sir! The trick is to update using the LG tool but YOU HAVE TO HAVE ZEFIE'S XIONIA CLOCKWORK RECOVERY INSTALLED!!!

I was able to reboot recovery, copy su/busybox/Superuser.apk to /system, and chmod 4755 su/busybox.

TAKE THAT LG!!!

hahaha guess what you get to do!!!! If you guessed a root writeup ... BINGO! (please?)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
just want to see if it flashes ... i am gonna take a stab that they didn't change the radio. Also would be curious to see what your baseband shows in the about phone screen after flashing.

I was actually wondering about that myself.

ThundeROM 1.7 is downloading currently. I'll update this post when I flash it.