[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
im not a wiz at this type stuff so thanks but im still lost. i need a for dummies version lol im scared i will ruin my phone if i attempt that

My suggestion is to give it a try. Its the best way to learn. The instructions also include links if you are confused. The commands listed after the steps are the commands that you will use to flash the recovery. If it seems to complicated for you, I suggest just holding out until the process becomes easier, reading through other threads to become familiar with the terminology, or just waiting until a more simplified guide comes out (unless there is one that I am unaware of that already exists). Again, trying it on your own is probably best. But, if you are comfortable, there will be a solution/help soon I'm sure! :)

BTW, it is not necessary to unroot to apply the newest gingerbread update... You can simply update. :)

Last edited:

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Step one worked fine. The phone rebooted. However, LG update tool tells me I have the latest update already. My rom is a custom rom(reborn). Wiping data and cache didn't fix this either.

Am I missing something?

Note: I have one of the first LG optimus that sprint released.

Edit: I missed a whole bunch of steps within step 2. It makes it seem so easy but for some reason it isn't working at all for me. :(

Last edited:

HawkFish707

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so If I flash the V9 recovery image, will this allow me to install OTA updates? I have Xionia Recovery atm and when i try OTA updates I get the Triangle and !. I don't have a custom Rom, so I still have the stock Rom.

WickedJezter

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried using the kp500 way, gets to point in download, then get message that it cant download ut, then refers me to lg site, and I have drivers and updater installed, trying to flash vd because I have refurb optimus, what can I do?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
this is what i get on the kp500
12:40:07 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...
12:40:07 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)
12:40:37 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
12:40:42 : _IsConnectedPhone(1)
12:40:42 : 0 - NotConnected.
12:40:42 : 1 - Normal connect success
12:40:42 : 2 - Emergency connect success
12:40:42 : Phone Mode(1)
12:40:42 : m_dwBootWaitTime(35568)
12:40:42 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...
12:40:42 : dwWaitResetTime(30000 ms)
12:41:12 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
12:41:18 : _IsConnectedPhone(1)
12:41:18 : 0 - NotConnected.
12:41:18 : 1 - Normal connect success
12:41:18 : 2 - Emergency connect success
12:41:18 : Phone Mode(1)
12:41:18 : Call _ModeOffline()
12:41:19 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****
12:41:19 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found
12:41:20 : CLGMobileHttp Class ?Ҹ????.
12:41:21 : CLGMobileHttp Class ?Ҹ?...
12:41:21 : ****************CheckAndDownload********************
12:41:21 : ******Extract Start LS670ZVD.cab*****
12:41:21 : Model Dll Dir(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\)
12:41:26 : Extract Fail C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\\LS670ZVD_12.S12.P60675.wdb\n
12:41:26 : Extract Error(0)
12:41:27 : Extract cab file error.
12:41:27 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] ???丮 ???? ?õ?
happens everytime i try, have stock recovery installed, says can't uncompress the files needed, then have to reboot phone to get cell service back, it is a refurb phone, so i an running the vd.cab

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried using the kp500 way, gets to point in download, then get message that it cant download ut, then refers me to lg site, and I have drivers and updater installed, trying to flash vd because I have refurb optimus, what can I do?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Post what you did, what step you were at, and the log file on the KP500/Revert thread and I will try and diagnose.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
"Nice and simple" am I missing something? Rooting was simple. This seems like a nightmare! It looks like 3 easy steps but step 2 is a link to KP500 thread. That page has 70 steps! Some look like they ROOT the phone rather than unroot. All I want to do is return my phone to stock. Do I really have to follow every step on the KP500 thread? That is WAY more involved than rooting the phone. I can't just flash back a stock rom?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Get a NANDROID backup of the version you are running and restore it.

KP500 instructions are written to address many different scenarios. If you already ran through it once it is quite simple. All the work is in getting everything in place. You also get the power to force flash any version V8 through VD.

As to where is a NANDROID backup for your version, either search for it or someone else will post it. I don't have it handy.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
"I am just looking to activate the phone. What is the easiest way I can do that? I am not returning it or selling it."

Well for those who may come here looking for what I needed (activating a rooted phone with a custom ROM) , I found it.

1. Download this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html
2. Place it on your phone in your nandroid folder.
3. Boot into recovery (optional: make a backup of your current custom ROM)
4. Restore the "stock" backup you downloaded from the link above. (should be last on the list "I think" and dated 20110522)

This allowed me to call Sprint and get my phone activated. I then restored my "custom ROM" backup and that brought my phone back to it's beautiful rooted and custom ROM state that it was in before.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkFish707

WickedJezter

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
"I am just looking to activate the phone. What is the easiest way I can do that? I am not returning it or selling it."

Well for those who may come here looking for what I needed (activating a rooted phone with a custom ROM) , I found it.

1. Download this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html
2. Place it on your phone in your nandroid folder.
3. Boot into recovery (optional: make a backup of your current custom ROM)
4. Restore the "stock" backup you downloaded from the link above. (should be last on the list "I think" and dated 20110522)

This allowed me to call Sprint and get my phone activated. I then restored my "custom ROM" backup and that brought my phone back to it's beautiful rooted and custom ROM state that it was in before.

what folder is the nandroid folder? sorry new to android, phone is rooted with xionia recovery

Reactions: HawkFish707

HawkFish707

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Could anyone post how to, or point me in the Direction of a post on How to Force Flash VD using the KP500? I'm at V9, rooted, and have V9 recovery.

HawkFish707

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so just to make sure I don't mess up my Phone... I am at Baseband V9, I have installed Xionia recovery, and i have the Gingerbreak Stock VD on The SD card of my Phone, I just go into the recovery and restore that, and then I will have Baseband Version VD? If that is true, can I then Flash this Rom onto my Phone? Thanks for the help! :D

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/107253-discontinued-srom-1-0-a.html
It probably won't brick your phone, but you will likely have data troubles because the NANDROID backup doesn't (ie can't) restore the baseband radio. The only way to get the proper baseband is to use the LG flash tool. If you were already on VD baseband then you could use a NANDROID VD backup to restore from and stuff should work.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well Darn, is there anyway I can use the LG tool?
If you have access to a windows installation, you can use the revert thread in my signature and substitute whichever version you want to revert to from the Reference section (the instructions default to V9, but you can go directly to V8, V9, VC, or VD)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv