[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

HawkFish707

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay, cool. I have access to a windows Machine, and I can install the tool. But I'm at V9 so I wouldn't be Reverting, I need to update to VD, does the tool do that?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, cool. I have access to a windows Machine, and I can install the tool. But I'm at V9 so I wouldn't be Reverting, I need to update to VD, does the tool do that?
If you want to end up at VH, just make sure you have stock V9 recovery and you are fine to run through the Rooting ZVH instructions. Actually as part of those instructions, if you follow every step, it'll make sure you have V9 recovery.

You do *not* need to go to ZVD just to upgrade to ZVH. ZVH updater will run fine with ZV9 install. This is not necessarily the case for all Optimus updates, just the ZVH one.

em072205

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Running into a problem and not sure what to do. I followed the steps required and the part where it says 3-7 minutes will boot up into android...however, it never finished booting. It is stuck on the Android flash screen and keeps going in a loop.

Finally got it to work!! I am not sure what happened, but I took my sd card out and was able to get into recovery to do a reset. Now it boots up. Whew..lol

Last edited:

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
On the install of stock recovery I am receiving the error for out of space... I am using the commands cd /sdcard/000root , then the /system command as is written on the instruction. Any help would be appreciated thanks

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
On the install of stock recovery I am receiving the error for out of space... I am using the commands cd /sdcard/000root , then the /system command as is written on the instruction. Any help would be appreciated thanks
If you have Xionia CWMA recovery, try doing the shortcut.

If not, then could you type
busybox df -k

and
ls -l /system/bin/flash*

It sounds like your /system is full for some reason.

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It might be. Havent messed with it yet but I plan on trting it now. So after busybox df -k I put ls -l/system/bin/flash install_vd.sh???

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It might be. Havent messed with it yet but I plan on trting it now. So after busybox df -k I put ls -l/system/bin/flash install_vd.sh???
busybox df -k
will tell you how much space is available in your various partitions

ls -l /system/bin/flash*
will tell you the file size of /system/bin/flash_image (that's an asterisk after the "H" in flash)

I want to figure out where your problem is originating from.

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
the busy box keeps saying it doesnt work =o\ neither does the df -h command i used to know of back on the hero... as far as the ls -l command it pulls up-rwxr-xr-x root root 9640 2011-12-04 23:05 flash_image when i do the regular df command it pulls up the partitions available and my system is 162304k total and 128488k used so i dunno... i don't have a recovery right now either since trying to flash the stock one it just stays black screen.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your flash_image looks ok.

The only other thing that could be going wrong is you have a corrupted recovery image.

Can you type the following and copy/paste the full output
cd /sdcard/000root
ls -l

Also can you post the exact command you typed in adb shell to flash the stock recovery. Cut and paste also that also, preferably after you run it, along with error message. I want to make sure there are no errors there, so telling me you typed it as in the instructions wouldn't be helpful.

DaMadPoet

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've followed the steps, and got an unrooted stock (yay, this allowed my 3g to start working again after a phone swap via Sprint). Only problem is, now when I try to root via Gingersnap OR long Gingerbreak instructions, everything seems to work ok, check root says I am rooted, BUT I got to the adb shell and su and get "Permission denied" message. Seems rooted, but I can't get root. Is there a known problem with this method with re-rooting, or did I mess something up?

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Your flash_image looks ok.

The only other thing that could be going wrong is you have a corrupted recovery image.

Can you type the following and copy/paste the full output

Also can you post the exact command you typed in adb shell to flash the stock recovery. Cut and paste also that also, preferably after you run it, along with error message. I want to make sure there are no errors there, so telling me you typed it as in the instructions wouldn't be helpful.

whats the command used to copy and paste the full log?? is it just ctrl+c and ctrl+v? and I will get that soon as I can don't really have that much time to mess with it. just trying to unroot so I can trade it in and get some cash for it.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
whats the command used to copy and paste the full log?? is it just ctrl+c and ctrl+v? and I will get that soon as I can don't really have that much time to mess with it. just trying to unroot so I can trade it in and get some cash for it.
If you are using cmd prompt, press [alt][space] to get the menu, then Edit->Mark, mark the text using point and click, then Edit->Copy

KOGPaladin

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, I am a noob here soo, how do I update my phone to the new gingerbread update sent out? I look at my phone information and it says it is 2.2.2, whereas it says online that the phone has an update for 2.3, How do i get this update? Do you have the image for it? :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX