[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

smmergrl

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is old but I I need some help. I just got rid of my optimus and gave it to a friend. He wanted it rooted, and I was running ZVJ so I downgraded to ZVD rooted and installed Reborn Rom. It was pretty good. But always wanting better, we rooted back to ZVJ and installed GingerMod. Its meh. He prefers Reborn Mod. So How do I unroot this ZVJ back to ZVD and reinstall Reborn Rom ??

Also I am not sure if I have a stock recovery. I made a nandroid backup before I installed anything. But how do I check to see if ts a stock recovery?

Don Ellis

May 20, 2014
Visit site
[My first post on this forum - just getting into hacking an Android]

Might be nice if the instructions [here and elsewhere] stated prerequisites, or a link thereto. For instance, this process requires:

Install ADB [with appropriate drivers] on your desktop platform, bundled with Eclipse
Plug the device in via USB

And, what else is required? I am using my late sister's [Republic Network] phone, and couldn't get anything at all to install, even though I had an account on the phone. Did factory reset [and logged in to my Google account], and now things are working just fine. Installing ADB, and will see what else isn't mentioned in the article.

One more item - when I tried typing 'su' on the terminal command line, I got 'Permission denied'. I assume this is because the phone is not rooted? But another post indicated that Republic phones are already rooted. No clues on this thread about that contingency.

Last edited: