I'm a bit lost now...

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not one, but two software baseband updates come out, and I've been hounded for a way to stop the annoying update notification...

I've got an LG Optimus S, rooted (obviously) with LEGO v1 on it, fully loaded with the deluxe buildprop and a couple of the custom files loaded into it as well (kernel, keyboards, etc).

I've been reading the forums for the better half of the last day or two, and I'm not sure if its me being sick with the flu (in March yes >_<) or something else that is making this NOT make sense to me...

Going off of How to Unroot, I understand up to the part of V9 to VC as I've had to unroot and reset up a phone and then load LEGO on it.

This is where it gets confusing...

I switch over to Rooting with VC/VD and the 2 situations are confusing to me.

Could any one help me?

My best guess would be to unroot entirely, update to VC, then VD via OTA...or maybe the LG tool, but again, that opens up a lot of questions, as I would like the easiest method possible to accomplish the un/rerooting task at hand.

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to update, you can go find the file named "otacerts.zip" (I can't remember where it is offhand), and delete it. The phone will download the updates still, but won't update them because of a certificate error.

Reactions: thekid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20