03-17-2011 11:55 PM
41 12
tools
    From what I can tell then, your /system is trashed.

I don't see how that can be though if you just used the updater to force flash V9 and it was successful.

Can you go over the steps you do to force flash V9, possibly while performing them again?
    weenerdog3443 likes this.
    03-14-2011 04:55 PM
    From what I can tell then, your /system is trashed.

I don't see how that can be though if you just used the updater to force flash V9 and it was successful.

Can you go over the steps you do to force flash V9, possibly while performing them again?
    I followed everything in hereI just downloaded the v8 cab and giving that one a shot. It may not have worked because I forgot to put a copy of the v9 cab on the sd card so I made sure to put the v8 one on there for this try and if it works ill do the v9 one again. its on the lg screen again and loading. time to go burn one while I wait again.
    03-14-2011 05:01 PM
    no luck same thing going on
    03-14-2011 05:28 PM
    I would say try the emergency mode method, but I'm not sure it would have different results if you are successfully flashing in DIAG mode.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rms-brick.html

Something just doesn't feel right about what has been described so far. I feel like some piece of information is missing. I don't see how /system can't be mounted or is missing files right after a successful flash. I could understand if the flash wasn't successful but not when it was.
    weenerdog3443 likes this.
    03-14-2011 06:22 PM
    I would say try the emergency mode method, but I'm not sure it would have different results if you are successfully flashing in DIAG mode.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rms-brick.html

Something just doesn't feel right about what has been described so far. I feel like some piece of information is missing. I don't see how /system can't be mounted or is missing files right after a successful flash. I could understand if the flash wasn't successful but not when it was.
    well its loading again in emergancy mode. fingers crossed that this works.. if not im gonna give up and have sprint send a new one

edit:it got to 99% and then asked me to restart the phone did that and it started the loading percent bar again. well see
    03-14-2011 06:42 PM
    and no luck. still stuck on the sprint screen. however when I do boot it into recovery I can wipe cache without any errors now
    03-14-2011 07:01 PM
    and no luck. still stuck on the sprint screen. however when I do boot it into recovery I can wipe cache without any errors now
    Wait, what errors were you seeing before wiping cache? Did you see those errors wiping /data also?
    03-14-2011 07:30 PM
    Wait, what errors were you seeing before wiping cache? Did you see those errors wiping /data also?
    I cant even remember any more. now no errors when I wipe both
    03-14-2011 07:31 PM
    I wonder if it somehow deleted my system folder or messed with it. how would i go about getting it back or fixing it. whenever I try adb shell i get - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
    03-14-2011 07:43 PM
    I wonder if it somehow deleted my system folder or messed with it. how would i go about getting it back or fixing it. whenever I try adb shell i get - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
    The stock recovery does not mount /system. That is why you cannot access it.

However the V8->V9 update.zip does mount it, but for some reason either the mount failed, or it succeeded and files are missing or it is empty.

Again, I don't see how that can be the case after a successful flash, but that is what the evidence is showing.

If you could get in with adb shell it would be easier to figure out what is wrong, but you can't do that because adb won't run without /system mounted, which we are not sure is corrupted, empty, or just can't be mounted.
    03-14-2011 08:13 PM
    any way to mount it through the cmd prompt
    03-14-2011 09:55 PM
    any way to mount it through the cmd prompt
    You need root to mount it, which you can't get until you get adb shell working.

The reason update.zip works to mount it is because their is a process on the phone running as root.
    03-14-2011 10:01 PM
    I've updated the thread title to more accurately reflect the situation. The next person with this issue will not be searching for "need some help" and would miss all the valuable info provided here, thus, causing the community to start over on helping someone else. In the future if you could use more accurate titles when creating a thread it would be much appreciated.

Also if it turns out that you resolve the issue (add resolved to title) or want to change the thread title after you learn more about the issue so it's more accurate, you can always do so by clicking on the OP, selecting edit, and changing the title there. Thanks in advance.
    03-15-2011 08:05 AM
    I've updated the thread title to more accurately reflect the situation. The next person with this issue will not be searching for "need some help" and would miss all the valuable info provided here, thus, causing the community to start over on helping someone else. In the future if you could use more accurate titles when creating a thread it would be much appreciated.

Also if it turns out that you resolve the issue (add resolved to title) or want to change the thread title after you learn more about the issue so it's more accurate, you can always do so by clicking on the OP, selecting edit, and changing the title there. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for changing it KSmith. I played with it for a couple hours last night trying to force different versions and everything else I could think of with no luck. I even left the phone on all night just to see if it would eventually work itself past the sprint logo and I wake up to it still being there. O well. The replacement should be here within 2 days so hopefully I'll be back at it here soon.
    03-15-2011 08:48 AM
    Well craptastic news. called sprint yesterday and today to get the tracking info for the replacement, yesterday they told me to wait till today for their system to update. So I called today to get it and they tell me that the ticket was never submitted. So I ask what there is that I can do to get the replacement, they tell me I can either go to a store and pick up a replacement or wait another 2-3 days for it to get to me. I ask them where the closest store is and Head out that way. I get there and they take a look at it and tell me that they dont have it and that I have to come back tommorow after 2 and it should be there. What a freakin headache. So after all this was done I call back speak with a tech support and filed a complaint about the crap not getting taken care of monday night when it should have been.

Thanks for listening to my rant. enjoy
    03-16-2011 10:50 AM
    got the replacement. came with vc. forced back to v9 and still had my screen so must be an old one. tryed rooting it bout 20times the old fasioned way with no luck, n z4 didnt work. tried super one click and bam Im rooted. just in time for zefies new update for recovery and kernal. almost done
    03-17-2011 11:55 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD