Im trying to update and do a custom rom for vd.. but i only have my wireless internet from the phone to use right now.. everytime i go in to update via the lg updater tool.. it makes it to 30 percent and says cant connect to my phone.. is it because i need to use an other source of internet for this part or is there a special step i need to take to make the updater work?
    03-15-2011 02:22 PM
    Im trying to update and do a custom rom for vd.. but i only have my wireless internet from the phone to use right now.. everytime i go in to update via the lg updater tool.. it makes it to 30 percent and says cant connect to my phone.. is it because i need to use an other source of internet for this part or is there a special step i need to take to make the updater work?
    I'm not sure you can download the update using the phone you are updating. I see the scenario you have set up (PC tethering to the phone you wanna update)

Not gonna work.
    03-15-2011 02:31 PM
    I'm not sure you can download the update using the phone you are updating. I see the scenario you have set up (PC tethering to the phone you wanna update)

Not gonna work.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, because the update downloads BEFORE the phone goes into its update mode. I almost want to suggest using KP500 with the VC cab and see if it produces an error.

EDIT: I meant the VD cab.
    03-15-2011 02:34 PM
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, because the update downloads BEFORE the phone goes into its update mode. I almost want to suggest using KP500 with the VC cab and see if it produces an error.
    hmm, maybe.
    03-15-2011 02:36 PM
    okay, well ill wait till i have a wifi connection sometime later today and try it that way.. its almost ***** proof on how well the guide is written to do it.. so i wanted to make sure i wasn't being an *****.. heh. Thanks.
    03-15-2011 02:47 PM
    I did the kp500 way last night with no internet. It will have a small popup window with an error but if you just move that to the corner it will keep doing the update. This was on a bricked phone thats still bricked so I cant tell ya if it would work 100% but it did say that it was the updated version when I was done
    03-15-2011 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD