Replacement phone recoveries, ROM's, and drivers

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well with getting my replacement phone tommorow I have been doing alot of reading about the LCD drivers not working from the original ones. Is there a list or can we get one together for everything to use for the refurbished or replacement phones from sprint for the recoveries and everything to use for these phones.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 issues I know of:
1) refurbished (and new) phones can come with v9 (rootable) or vC/vD (not rootable unless you revert first)
2) refurbished phones might have new MEIDs that aren't registered properly in LGs software update database. This means LG Software Updater tool will tell you there is no new software available even though there is. You will need to use KP500 and force flash a specific cab file for the version of stock LG ROM you want.
3) refurbished (and new) phones can come with the new LCD hardware. This requires vC or higher stock LG kernels are the display won't show anything. The phone will boot, haptic feedback, touchscreen, sound, etc. all work, just you have no visual feedback on the display. Just pretend the backlight is turned off but everything else is working, and that is the experience you'll get.

In the context of rooting, they are all covered in the revert thread in my signature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463