force flashed zvc, now can't get root

anon(92556)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
ok, 3rd time's a charm. got v9 recovery back on the phone. still on v9 stock software. trying to get to zvc stock software with root access...force flash zvc or will lg's software update still take me to zvc?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want ZVC, you'll need to force flash it. If you run the LG Software Updater now, it will take you to ZVD.

anon(92556)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
ok. problem i've had thus far is getting root access after force flashing zvc. manual root nor the lg control center app are giving me root access. i guess i can try one more time and see what happens...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ok. problem i've had thus far is getting root access after force flashing zvc. manual root nor the lg control center app are giving me root access. i guess i can try one more time and see what happens...
Weren't your previous problems because you missed the step of updating to the stock V9 recovery?

anon(92556)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
wow, 3 pages later, and i've got it! yep...xionia recovery won't let you root zvc either. fail. read the directions telling me to use stock v9 or a custom recovery, and thought it might be better to go ahead and use custom. stock v9 recovery allowed me to root zvc with no problems.

now...to find a wireless tether app that uses infrastructure so I can move on to stock VD lol

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
wow, 3 pages later, and i've got it! yep...xionia recovery won't let you root zvc either. fail. read the directions telling me to use stock v9 or a custom recovery, and thought it might be better to go ahead and use custom. stock v9 recovery allowed me to root zvc with no problems.

now...to find a wireless tether app that uses infrastructure so I can move on to stock VD lol
I'm glad you got it working.

However the information you are providing is not correct. Xionia CWMA will let you root. You are *automatically* root when you adb shell with Xionia CWMA. You just need to install the su executable, by running Drew's flashable zip or by hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney