Lost my recovery mode boot? Help?

erest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a LG Optimus s, Yesterday i wanted to try rooting it, so i tried using http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...de-rooting-custom-roms-optimus-s-edition.html

After 30 attempts this wouldnt work and I figured out why- i had the OTA update from sprint. I found the revert thread and reverted back to v9, and attempted rooting again. I still had no luck so I used z4 root which came back successful. I proceeded to install ROM Manager and attempted flashing clockwork onto my phone because that was the only other way i could think of doing it without root access from my pc. (im a noob at this) It said it was successful but when i try to boot into recovery from either ROM Manager or from the 3 finger salute it either gets stuck on lg screen or just a black screen, i cannot access the recovery mode at all. I cannot get root now, and i cannot access recovery mode to flash any roms or anything. Is there a hard reset somewhere on the device that i can access without recovery mode that will fix this problem? Help?

Thanks all, Braden

erest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys i finally figured it out- i didnt realize when i used z4 root or superoneclick(which also works btw) i had to type "su" into the android terminal. I did that then followed the guide above and downloaded xionia to sd then used the android terminal (download from marketplace) and voila! It worked! Thanks all time to start flashing a custom rom xD

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell us which instructions you followed and what step you are at? It is really hard to follow what you've done.

I think you can just install Android Screencast and you'll be able to see your screen on your PC for rooting purposes, but I can't really tell for sure because I can't figure out what you did earlier.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I did all the steps my first time with out messing up in side a mcdonalds. 2 months ago in adb. I dont think you flash can a recov without adb, remember what the directions say "dont be lazy"

I am not bragging, I am just showing how mobile our hacking has become

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ive got root via z4, ive saved flash image, and recovery image to sd card, and ive followedthe instructions found, http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html
Was each step in the Xionia thread successful?

If so, when you type

adb reboot recovery

in your DOS command prompt, does it reboot to CWMA recovery and display something on your screen?

If it doesn't you are going to need to go back and run each step of the CWMA thread and tell us the output of the commands so we can see which step went wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca