Ive searched and searched..........i dont see any discussion about WHAT changed when you guys updated to the vc or vd radio?

Better/faster 3g is all im worried about....anyone notice this?

Thanks!
    03-25-2011 08:55 PM
    Typically, the new baseband (radio) is supposed to improve your speeds and reception from what I get from it. I had better experience with V9 than VC, but don't notice much difference between V9 and VD. I think I hold 3G signal better with VD but it's hard to tell.
    03-25-2011 11:25 PM
    Typically, the new baseband (radio) is supposed to improve your speeds and reception from what I get from it. I had better experience with V9 than VC, but don't notice much difference between V9 and VD. I think I hold 3G signal better with VD but it's hard to tell.
    I have to agree. VC was utter crapola compared to V9. But VD seems to get more reliable reception than either VC or V9. Which is interesting because I think there's actually not much of a difference between VD and VC radios software wise.

But that's just me. As always, your mileage may vary
    03-25-2011 11:53 PM
    Might depend on geographic location as well?

I have improved performance going from V9 -> VD (skipped over the VC updates)

I also use a custom PRL though - 40065 flashed from answermans site

Working great for me up here in the Pac NW and no roaming issues.
    03-26-2011 02:15 AM
    Ok cool......but can you guys definitevly say you tried network speedtests and/or have something concrete to say your download speeds improved?
    03-26-2011 06:40 PM
    Ok cool......but can you guys definitevly say you tried network speedtests and/or have something concrete to say your download speeds improved?
    I don't really test or care about download speeds.

Whenever I am using any internet/downloading things - I'm always on the Wi-Fi connection.

My concern was more signal/phone usage - as I used to have a lot of dead spots or no signal areas.

Now - with version VD radio/software and the replacement PRL, I can always get signal wherever I am.
    03-27-2011 12:28 AM
    Might depend on geographic location as well?

I have improved performance going from V9 -> VD (skipped over the VC updates)

I also use a custom PRL though - 40065 flashed from answermans site

Working great for me up here in the Pac NW and no roaming issues.
    I was just curious if I could ask which specific method/tools you used to flash the custom PRL?
    I've downloaded the same PRL you're using, and have my MSL as I assume I'll need it, but I've yet to find a method of flashing that works with the optimus S ^.^ ty
    03-27-2011 12:51 AM
    I can tell your for certain in middle TN the v9 radio is faster and more reliable then the vc/std radios, and they were tested on the same day in the same building, but again it's got a lot to do with your region and how you use the phone. Also take into account that if you decide to rom your phone, some roms only allow vc/vd and are not compatible with v9 or lower radios, so depending on what you want to do with the phone you may be stuck with the vc/std radio.

personal preference/opinion, v9 was the best.
    03-27-2011 12:54 AM
    I was just curious if I could ask which specific method/tools you used to flash the custom PRL?
    I've downloaded the same PRL you're using, and have my MSL as I assume I'll need it, but I've yet to find a method of flashing that works with the optimus S ^.^ ty
    it's easiest to go back to stock, flash/update prl, and reroot and rom, there may be another method, but when i've seen a lot of people asking how to update prl in the different roms, and most of the time i hear answer's along that line.
    03-27-2011 12:56 AM
    What really changed from vc to vd for me was when my battery would die then I got to start my phone back up it doesn't get stuck at that damn LG screen

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    03-27-2011 09:10 AM
    I can tell your for certain in middle TN the v9 radio is faster and more reliable then the vc/std radios, and they were tested on the same day in the same building, but again it's got a lot to do with your region and how you use the phone. Also take into account that if you decide to rom your phone, some roms only allow vc/vd and are not compatible with v9 or lower radios, so depending on what you want to do with the phone you may be stuck with the vc/std radio.

personal preference/opinion, v9 was the best.
    Hmm, I'm in the Middle TN area and have not noticed a decline in reception or performance on zvd, nor has my husband who has a stock Optimus.
    03-27-2011 10:10 AM
    Hmm, I'm in the Middle TN area and have not noticed a decline in reception or performance on zvd, nor has my husband who has a stock Optimus.
    You're also a lot closer to sprint's tower, I work in franklin and was internationally roaming, switching back to v9 in the same place in the building with the same prl I have 50%+ signal. I'm glad you and your husband's phones work great with zvd being so close to an avalible tower but Franklin's only what 25 miles away, then I live in spring hill another 15 miles south . Zvd in spring hill also wont get me any 3g plus I'm roaming, but v9 I 3g all through spring hill and Columbia even further south. Again opinion but if zvc/STD have such dispersed results that half the people like it and the other half dont, there's got to be something wrong. I dont like the thought of carrying an STD so ill stick with v9 which works really well for me.
    03-27-2011 03:37 PM
    I've never seen a radio or PRL update where everyone said they saw improvement. You always get some better, some worse, and some no change. It depends on your situation and also is inherently a subjective measure as we aren't using professional equipment in isolated conditions for testing. You just try it out and make a call whether it works better for you or not and keep it or downgrade.
    03-27-2011 03:46 PM
    I've never seen a radio or PRL update where everyone said they saw improvement. You always get some better, some worse, and some no change. It depends on your situation and also is inherently a subjective measure as we aren't using professional equipment in isolated conditions for testing. You just try it out and make a call whether it works better for you or not and keep it or downgrade.
    Too true. Least our phone can be held anywhere and not have signal problems...
    03-27-2011 03:47 PM
    You're also a lot closer to sprint's tower, I work in franklin and was internationally roaming, switching back to v9 in the same place in the building with the same prl I have 50%+ signal. I'm glad you and your husband's phones work great with zvd being so close to an avalible tower but Franklin's only what 25 miles away, then I live in spring hill another 15 miles south . Zvd in spring hill also wont get me any 3g plus I'm roaming, but v9 I 3g all through spring hill and Columbia even further south. Again opinion but if zvc/STD have such dispersed results that half the people like it and the other half dont, there's got to be something wrong. I dont like the thought of carrying an STD so ill stick with v9 which works really well for me.
    Yeah, it occurred to me after I posted that middle TN is a pretty large area! Obviously, there again it depends on location.
    03-27-2011 04:09 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-swapping.html

Have you followed that guide?

Worked for me - using Windows 7 - 32-bit - no problem changing PRL's

Sorry for the late reply!
    04-01-2011 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD