Zefie's CM7 or ASOPcMOD?

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The Bluetooth thing is funny as my bluetooth headphones play music great, but calls do not work at all. I'm resigned to the probability that bluetooth won't work until we get a 2.3.3 rom based on an LG build, not the Nexus S.

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
and to answer the question I'm running AOSP. Haven't tried Zefie's, I might do that next time I get an itching to wipe the phone again.

rinard

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
fyi, the animations are part of gingerbread, they're just disabled in zefie's by default. Cyanogenmod settings -> display.

(Although, screen on, at least, was broken in the 3/27 release. Dunno if 4/1 fixed it)

ShawnD5th

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't use MMS much, but tested it last night and it is working for me.

MMS works for me too under Asop's. The only thing not working is transferring files from my laptop to phone via bluetooth. It just gives an error. Havent tried a headset yet but it does work with my bluetooth OBD adapter in my car and Torque. Havent tried Zefies because Asop's worked so well I didnt see a point to switch..I think I will stay on this rom until Thunderom gets updated to Gingerbread. The last build of Thunderom caused weird issues with sd card unmounting and rebooting the device, plus freezing at odd times( I love thunderom!!! back off!!!) with 2 different phones. That problem is now gone and bluetooth is really the only issue with these roms. I notice my phone is a lot more responsive and quick, customizable, and themeable from app market among other places. The gingy keyboard is a lil annoying for big fingers and the defaults for spell check and whatever the other options were caused me to send a few weird messages but all in all a good reliable rom in my opinion!

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
From my experience with Zefie's CM7, I have not notice speed difference but my benchmark has doubled from my 600 score I had with nROM. I left nROM because he was only dev'ing for VD. (I am on v9...and happy) I have yet to try ASOP's because Zefie's has yet to crash. I heard that ASOP's is the barebones of CM, and personally that does not sound very appealing.

I do not see any bugs, nor do I have lag

I really do want to try out ASOP's but I dont see a real reason.

is there any real reason?

mr.longbough

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
(Although, screen on, at least, was broken in the 3/27 release. Dunno if 4/1 fixed it)
It's fixed in 4/1 just tested. Seems like an unnecessary battery killer to me. I personally like Zefies cm7 his stuff has always run smooth for me and he is one heck of a good dev.

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems that Zefie is still releasing, but I was under the impression that he had quit, did I imagine an I quit post from him, I can't find it now?

houckinternet

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Aosp seems to freeze at first unlock with launcher pro. I have also noticed a few other quirks that just aren't in zefie's. I'm switching back to Zefie's.

Seems all quirks were related to batch installing from titanium backup except the launcher pro issue.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis