What is my best method to root???

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here is what I did. I upgraded to ZVC using OTA and then ZVD using the lg updater tool. Now I think I want to root. So what would be working method for me even though I used OTA for ZVC and lg updateor for ZVD? What will work?

thanks

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here is what I did. I upgraded to ZVC using OTA and then ZVD using the lg updater tool. Now I think I want to root. So what would be working method for me even though I used OTA for ZVC and lg updateor for ZVD? What will work?

thanks

Yeah technically speaking you have the equivalent of the OTA update because the OTA VC update slaughtered all known root exploits.

Follow the LS670ZVD rooting guide, starting with Part 2.

For future reference: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER accept OTA updates for any reason!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I like to be positive instead of negative :)

Always, Always, Always press "More Info" and pull your battery when presented with the nag to OTA update.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I like to be positive instead of negative :)

Always, Always, Always press "More Info" and pull your battery when presented with the nag to OTA update.

Oh you got me there.

HEADSHOT!
KILLING SPREE!
KILLING RIOT!
KILLTACULAR!
I'M BATMAN!
(If you can tell me what that's from you get a star.)

Last edited:

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah technically speaking you have the equivalent of the OTA update because the OTA VC update slaughtered all known root exploits.

Follow the LS670ZVD rooting guide, starting with Part 2.

For future reference: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER accept OTA updates for any reason!

Thank you! This worked without a hitch! Thanks to the devs as well for putting excellent instructions together!