I have been using TR for several months with no problems. A week ago I decided to wipe everything and flash CM7 to try it out. It worked fine for a few days, then one night it just stopped charging the battery when plugged into a wall outlet. It still charged fully when connected to a computer though.

When plugged into the wall, SetCPU and my Battery widget would act like it was plugged in but my battery discharges until drained.

I switched back to my working TR nandroid and now I still have that same issue; it charges on USB to the computer but discharges on a wall outlet but acts like it's plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    04-08-2011 12:35 PM
    I have been using TR for several months with no problems. A week ago I decided to wipe everything and flash CM7 to try it out. It worked fine for a few days, then one night it just stopped charging the battery when plugged into a wall outlet. It still charged fully when connected to a computer though.

When plugged into the wall, SetCPU and my Battery widget would act like it was plugged in but my battery discharges until drained.

I switched back to my working TR nandroid and now I still have that same issue; it charges on USB to the computer but discharges on a wall outlet but acts like it's plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Faulty wall outlet adapter?
    04-08-2011 12:41 PM
    Sorry, I should have mentioned my wife also has an Optimus and I've swapped. Mine works fine on hers and hers doesn't work with my phone either. That's why I assumed it had to be the phone. All the cords work when plugged into the computer too.
    04-08-2011 12:46 PM
    Sorry, I should have mentioned my wife also has an Optimus and I've swapped. Mine works fine on hers and hers doesn't work with my phone either. That's why I assumed it had to be the phone. All the cords work when plugged into the computer too.
    Now that you mention that I'm thinking it could be the phone. Have you taken it to sprint to get looked at?
    04-08-2011 12:53 PM
    Now that you mention that I'm thinking it could be the phone. Have you taken it to sprint to get looked at?
    Don't forget to revert phone to stock before taking it in
    04-08-2011 12:57 PM
    I had some funky behavior with my USB port when I was switching kernels. I would get random USB disconnects and sometimes it wouldn't charge. A few reboots later and the problem went away. I don't think it was the fault of the custom kernel because I got that behavior both when switching to a custom kernel and when switching back from the custom kernel.

It could still be your hardware, but prior to going through the effort to return your phone, you might want to return to stock V9 kernel, pull the battery and reboot. See if it helps.
    04-08-2011 01:04 PM
    No, I was hoping someone might have a suggestion before I wipe everything and install stock. I was thinking that would be a last resort. Since I played with CM7, and I really don't know all th settings options, I thought maybe I did something that could be fixed.
    04-08-2011 01:10 PM
    I had some funky behavior with my USB port when I was switching kernels. I would get random USB disconnects and sometimes it wouldn't charge. A few reboots later and the problem went away. I don't think it was the fault of the custom kernel because I got that behavior both when switching to a custom kernel and when switching back from the custom kernel.

It could still be your hardware, but prior to going through the effort to return your phone, you might want to return to stock V9 kernel, pull the battery and reboot. See if it helps.
    That will be my next step in case somehow the baseband isn't working. It, and the recovery, are the only things that haven't been wiped and re-installed so far.
    04-08-2011 01:12 PM