Finally gonna do it, Any suggestions?

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally gonna root my phone, I think I have every thing I need... does anyone have anything to say to warn me, before do it?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This sounded like the title for a lose your virginity thread :)

Suggestion is to read over the threads and have all the files ready.

If your phone came with V9, then there is less to worry about. If your phone came with VC or VD, then there are more things that you should know about in advance. If your phone is a refurb, there are also specific warnings about that.

I would read the RED warnings in the revert thread.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I read them and I am prepared (downloaded and setup screencast yesterday) however, probably a stupid question but... if I have usb debugging, and I revert useing kp500... is usb debugging still active?

timkaetzel

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I read them and I am prepared (downloaded and setup screencast yesterday) however, probably a stupid question but... if I have usb debugging, and I revert useing kp500... is usb debugging still active?

Are you asking if USB debugging is active during or after kp500?

During, you're not going to be able to do anything. Afterwards, USB debugging functionality should remain intact.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, USB debugging setting will be preserved across KP500 force flash as that setting is contained in your /data, which is preserved by KP500.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks, I just wanted to make sure.
It is good to make sure, especially with USB debugging, because if you somehow turn it off Android Screencast won't work and it is a pain to turn it back on blindly (it is possible, just a pain)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also I would suggest you install Xionia CWMA for safety and compatibility. It works with the new LCD and it will not semi-brick your phone if you do ##786# or Privacy->Reset from within Android.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be using xiona and... Thunderom to start, then will eventually set my self up with Scott pilgrim awesomenes

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I knew I was going to have to refer to several sets of instructions so I printed all of the instructions and put them in order so I could check off as I went. Just thought I'd post in case you haven't done "it" yet ;)

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I knew I was going to have to refer to several sets of instructions so I printed all of the instructions and put them in order so I could check off as I went. Just thought I'd post in case you haven't done "it" yet ;)

Thanks, but I already did "it" and it was fun... but I did something similar to you, I had all instructions open on my tablet.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I already did "it" and it was fun... but I did something similar to you, I had all instructions open on my tablet.

If you thought doing "it" was fun, wait until you start experimenting ;)

Seriously, now that you are rooted you will be able to do all kinds of neat things...changing kernels and ROMs, themes, boot animations...it'll be like having a new phone all the time! Lol, I mess with this one and my EVO way too much :p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If you thought doing "it" was fun, wait until you start experimenting ;)

Seriously, now that you are rooted you will be able to do all kinds of neat things...changing kernels and ROMs, themes, boot animations...it'll be like having a new phone all the time! Lol, I mess with this one and my EVO way too much :p

This forum needs either a "Like" or "+1" button, because I genuinely liked the above quoted post.

Seriously though you can do many cool, fun and even weird things with your phone now that you're rooted.
Suggestion: Edit your build.prop to spit out Android version 4.1.3 or something like that and watch your friends' reactions (and watch some apps fail too!).

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This forum needs either a "Like" or "+1" button, because I genuinely liked the above quoted post.

Seriously though you can do many cool, fun and even weird things with your phone now that you're rooted.
Suggestion: Edit your build.prop to spit out Android version 4.1.3 or something like that and watch your friends' reactions (and watch some apps fail too!).

Haha Drew...rooting was just the beginning. It is the experimenting that has gotten me into trouble!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon