[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD with GingerBreak (no reverting and OTA works too!)

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just finished rooting my sister inlaws optimus with the recently outdated zvd guide, man if I only waited an hr more. Anywho, what happens if I rooted, and forgot to accept the ota radio update prior to flashing a custom rom. What's the easiest way to fix this? Or is it even necessary? Tks

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just finished rooting my sister inlaws optimus with the recently outdated zvd guide, man if I only waited an hr more. Anywho, what happens if I rooted, and forgot to accept the ota radio update prior to flashing a custom rom. What's the easiest way to fix this? Or is it even necessary? Tks

Did you make a nandroid backup before flashing the ROM?

BloodyHaze

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So i haven't tried to root my phone again, only cuz i wanna be sure.

Not sure if you forgot to include this or w/e, but do you turn off the phone while your rooting or? Or just plug it in and push USB mode, or wut. o_o

Halucin8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank You very much

Once i went back and got the drivers everythign was smooth as silk. Took care of both my and my wife's phones. amazingly simple. Just followed the instructions and did a lot of copy and pasting.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have no understanding of the guide on step 3 and after.. could I get some more explanation please?
open cmd (command prompt) and type

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools (assuming this is the folder with adb and the folder you extracted the zip file to, if not it may be C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools )

should now read out as C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

(or C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools )

it is from here where you type adb shell and so on (remember 1 line at a time -copy/paste with NO extra spaces)

for Android SDK Android SDK | Android Developers (top package- the zip file) -extract to C:\

open SDK MANAGER.EXE (in the folder you just extracted- may take a min to open)
you will see a list of stuff the program wants you to install, reject everything except Android SDK Platform 3.0, revision 1 -*this is one of the top choices it gives you*
-this should include adb which is required-

cmd.jpg

sdkinstall.gif

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
open cmd (command prompt) and type

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools (assuming this is the folder with adb and the folder you extracted the zip file to, if not it may be C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools )

should now read out as C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

(or C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools )

it is from here where you type adb shell and so on (remember 1 line at a time -copy/paste with NO extra spaces)

You can't run adb if the folder doesn't contain adb.exe.

Does that folder contain adb.exe as well as the su, busybox and gingerbreak binaries? If so, then yes run everything from that folder.

The guide is very linear in that when it tells you to cd to a directory you STAY in that directory until told otherwise.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You can't run adb if the folder doesn't contain adb.exe.

Does that folder contain adb.exe as well as the su, busybox and gingerbreak binaries? If so, then yes run everything from that folder.

The guide is very linear in that when it tells you to cd to a directory you STAY in that directory until told otherwise.

I wasnt done editing my post, but yeah your guide is awesome and works perfect. :) Thanks for putting it on here and credit to everyone who made this possible

Last edited:

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I hate to burst any bubbles here but you should give everybody the option of rooting with the APK or the command prompt in the op. Could even call it option 2 root without computer. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49