Of course my Optimus S is rooted with customer recovery....and then I have lego rom on there right now....

Well, i haven't been able to upgrade to any of the newer ROMs built off of VD because I can't get VD on there for the life of me. One of my main problems is that I flashed the zip that was made to stop the OTA bugging that made the phone think it was already on VD. This fix worked great but now I want to update to VD....

Then, I don't have a USB cord (so I could try the method described in one of the posts I read that uses the LG updater tool) because mine just stopped working for some reason and I don't have the 30 bucks they want to get another one right now....

If anyone has any idea of how I can get VD on there, I would definitely appreciate their input....I have gotten pretty good with figuring stuff out in the six months or so since I rooted my Android but I can't get this for nothing.... i don't care if I lose root and/or custom recovery...i have no problem taking the time to get it back...I just want to try out Nameless ROM or any other ROMs built off of VD....

Appreciate any thoughts anyone might have....
    04-25-2011 10:27 PM
    Di you not make a Nandroid when you installed the Recovery?
    04-25-2011 10:41 PM
    Yes, I did when I first rooted and installed my customer recovery but I have since had to replace my SD card that had my Nandroid on it because my little girl was playing with my phone and lost it. And this was after I flashed that zip file that made the phone think it was already on VD...
    04-25-2011 10:45 PM
    Which SW version do you have now?
    04-25-2011 11:01 PM
    Which SW version do you have now?
    LS670ZV9
    04-25-2011 11:03 PM
    Well either way, you need a usb cable. They are really cheap on ebay. Micro-USB Data Sync+Charger Cable LG LS670 Optimus S | eBay For example.

You can wipe data, cache, and dalvik. Then reflash Lego v1. Here is a copy if you don't have it. Then accept the update OTA. Then go here to regain root. But you will need the cable to do this.

Or you can use the LG updater and again you need a usb cable
    04-25-2011 11:13 PM
    Well either way, you need a usb cable. They are really cheap on ebay. Micro-USB Data Sync+Charger Cable LG LS670 Optimus S | eBay For example.

You can wipe data, cache, and dalvik. Then reflash Lego v1. Here is a copy if you don't have it. Then accept the update OTA. Then go here to regain root. But you will need the cable to do this.

Or you can use the LG updater and again you need a usb cable
    Thanks man, I appreciate you coming up with some ideas so quickly....ya, those are the two methods I thought to use...but I was hoping someone had a way to do it without a USB cord....
    04-25-2011 11:20 PM
    Thanks man, I appreciate you coming up with some ideas so quickly....ya, those are the two methods I thought to use...but I was hoping someone had a way to do it without a USB cord....
    Unfortunately no there really isn't. Before ordering one online, ask around at some local computer shops (NOT Best Buy) because you may find one cheaper there.
    04-25-2011 11:25 PM
    Until there is an official app root method like z4root for VD, you will need the cable.

Read this thread. It is questionable, but might work if you want to try. Don't blame me though if you end up with a paper weight. LOL

I'd just order the cable. What's a few more days right?
    04-25-2011 11:31 PM
    check at a local hotel (i work at a hotel) and see if they have one you can use. -i know we have a few here at my hotel (you wont believe the stuff people leave behind lol )
    04-26-2011 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD