Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

wy007

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
anyone got the linux version working?

i'm running GingersnapRoot-Linux on Ubuntu 11.04; however the tool grayed out after clicking Root and no response after... what's the problem?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Used this over the weekend for a friend's phone. Great job drew!

Used it with Windows xp. Process was smooth. If you go to LG website and goto mobile phone section and find our phone, there is a download link for the drivers right there. Quick and easy install and root. This is nice for the noobs or when there isn't much time. :)

donkeyfarmer

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
EDIT::::: GOT IT. Sorry!!! Thank you for the awesome thread btw !!! and all the helpful posts. you guys all rock

sorry for the stupid question,

i am in the middle of this , and i also have been on the STEALING GINGERS SOUL for a little over 10min now without anything on my phone screen.
i have drivers installed, have rebooted multiple times and tried again.
usb debugging is ON.
usb storage is Off (i think?) - do i need to EXPLICITLY turn this off? or is it off automatically if i dont turn it on?

if i need to explicitly turn it off...how do i do this?! i couldnt find anything to turn it off and i tried googling it too....thank you for the help!!!!

sjacobs1969

May 23, 2011
Visit site
EDIT::::: GOT IT. Sorry!!! Thank you for the awesome thread btw !!! and all the helpful posts. you guys all rock

sorry for the stupid question,

i am in the middle of this , and i also have been on the STEALING GINGERS SOUL for a little over 10min now without anything on my phone screen.
i have drivers installed, have rebooted multiple times and tried again.
usb debugging is ON.
usb storage is Off (i think?) - do i need to EXPLICITLY turn this off? or is it off automatically if i dont turn it on?

if i need to explicitly turn it off...how do i do this?! i couldnt find anything to turn it off and i tried googling it too....thank you for the help!!!!
I've run it, but I still don't have su? I've turned off then on several times and still no su....My phone works, but my menu has changed as well as a few other things...any idea what i've done or what I need to do next? thx.

amham

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Very clean - took a few times (didn't have the driver / couldn't find usb debugging) but I was simply being impatient. Read, & reread then it all started to make sense. Great documentation.

thanks & glad to take part.

Lyneku

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me, but my phone seems to be stuck on the android screen, then goes black during the "stealing the gingers soul". Sorry to disturb you guys!

Last edited:

NowhereMan

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm a total newb to all this rooting stuff. I just rooted using this method and everything seemed to work. Does anyone know what the next step would be to able to do custom recovery and roms??? I'm pretty lost, and don't even really know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm a total newb to all this rooting stuff. I just rooted using this method and everything seemed to work. Does anyone know what the next step would be to able to do custom recovery and roms??? I'm pretty lost, and don't even really know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.
Next is to work on your Custom Recovery.. With custom recovery you can back up and install a new ROM. Go to the Xionia CWMA thread and start reading. Hit me up on Gtalk if you need more help or just someone to walk ya thru it.

EDIT: Here is the link

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

After this you will choose a ROM.

h3ll0ash13

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
rooted my phone with this method just now...quick and easy i must say. i did have to do it 2 times though (didn't have the drivers installed the first time, that or my antivirus was messing with it). i wanted to jump up and down when superuser came up! thanks! :D

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]Gingersnap Root Utility for Mac OS X is in the near future! Check the first post of this thread for more information as well as a sneak preview screenshot![/INFO]

michaelgoe

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive the ignorance...but I rooted the phone and installed titanium backup....I read if that will load the phone is rooted...is that correct?

I am now trying to get the clockwork whatever....how do I get it to my sd card?

also my phone does not look any different....still says I am running 2.2.2....how/where do I get the 2.2.3 at?

I am totally new to this.

Mike

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Rooting changes nothing in appearance or behavior of the phone. You should now have superuser installed. That is the only real difference. From here you need to install a custom recovery, I suggest zefies xionia recovery. I would suggest ath3nos cm7 rom for 2.3.4 cyanogenmod gingerbread

Sent from my Optimus S