Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally getting the guts to root my LG Optimus S.....Once I use the Gingersnap Root Utility will I lose any of my applications, pictures, voicemail & text msgs? What added features would I get from rooting? :-[ I'm a newbie to rooting cell phones.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally getting the guts to root my LG Optimus S.....Once I use the Gingersnap Root Utility will I lose any of my applications, pictures, voicemail & text msgs? What added features would I get from rooting? :-[ I'm a newbie to rooting cell phones.

You will lose no apps or data or anything you have on your phone now. Rooting opens the door to endless possibilities. Custom roms that make the phone experience faster and better overall is the number one reason IMO. But that is just the beginnjng. Read around the forum here and you will see what I'm talking about. Also there is a lot of helpful users and devs to help you along the way.

Take the plunge, its worth it.

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s

Reactions: Hawaiian_Geek

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Take the dive! Root that bad boi! This community is very good. Other phones dont have nearly the same amount of support and development IMO

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm having issues with something that should be so simple to do. I installed all the software on my windows 7 pc. I have USB debugging enabled I rebooted my ph. When I clicked on the gingersnap exe file all I can get to is the gingersnap root utility screen. I clicked on GO & nothing happens. I'm going to try doing it on a XP pro pc and see what happens.

I'd appreciate any assistance with this. Thanks in advance from a newbie@rooting.

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The One-Click did it. You convinced me to root, took a bit to get all my ducks in a row and the right frameworks/drivers installed in the right order but did it in minutes besides that. Excited...I like the way my phone is for now. If I don't plan on installing ROM's anytime soon, do I need to do the Custom Recovery thing?

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL! My XP Pro pc was able to use the Gingersnap exe and I can now say my LG Optimus S is rooted.....gotta love XP Pro...LOL! So now off to read up more on the exciting features for a rooted ph...

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Could you direct me to Custom Recovery and a custom rom? I'd appreciate any assistance. :-[ I don't know where to begin with all of that.

Absolutely,

As far as recovery's go, I use thunderc. The other one is Xionia Clockwork They are both good. Read up on both and you can decide for yourself which one to use. But, either one is fine.

As far as Rom's go, I recommend Reborn-ROM or Shell-Rom. They are very stable and smooth and are fully supported by the devs.

EDIT: Too Late!!! LOL

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely,

As far as recovery's go, I use thunderc. The other one is Xionia Clockwork They are both good. Read up on both and you can decide for yourself which one to use. But, either one is fine.

As far as Rom's go, I recommend Reborn-ROM or Shell-Rom. They are very stable and smooth and are fully supported by the devs.

EDIT: Too Late!!! LOL

Thanks! I have a lot to learn yet. Which is the easiest custom recovery to use? I'm getting overwhelmed! LOL!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
They are both easy to use. Only slight different interfaces. Honestly, Xionia is the more popular choice. Give it a shot. I did see a couple of users have issues recently with it and they went to Thunderc, but I do consider them to be isolated incidents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000