Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

Crystalblueyes

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok im a newbie here but want to play lol......is there anything i need to do to my phone to protect it before i try this root? Maybe I need a step by step tutorial????????:confused:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
A few quick questions.

First off, does the gingersnap method work as well as the command prompt way? No reverting and ota updates? If so does that leave any real reason to go the long way?

Secondly, does this by chance unroot too? or do you have suggestions in that is needed?

Lastly does the LG mobile support tool load the needed driver? After installing it, it offered to add drivers. Gave a list of like 8 and I didnt see ls670 listed. So I figured it might just have already added it.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
A few quick questions.

First off, does the gingersnap method work as well as the command prompt way? No reverting and ota updates? If so does that leave any real reason to go the long way?

Secondly, does this by chance unroot too? or do you have suggestions in that is needed?

Lastly does the LG mobile support tool load the needed driver? After installing it, it offered to add drivers. Gave a list of like 8 and I didnt see ls670 listed. So I figured it might just have already added it.

Gingersnap uses GingerBreak at it's core, so if the guide works so will Gingersnap. The reason it is generally recommended to use the command line method is because you can gain helpful experience in case something screws up.

I will be adding an unroot option, but in the mean time there is a dedicated unroot thread.

The ls670 drivers ARE needed but are NOT installed automatically by the LG tool.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry, it only took 5 times reading thru and a second attempt on the lg mobile tools to find the driver !!

If you dont mind, here are the steps I have taken.

installed .net4 and visc+redistrib
installed the lg mobile tools and proper driver.

now the 2 attatched files, are they both needed or just the gingersnap. Or do I install both and just use gingersnap to complete.

Sorry if these seem like stupid noob questions, but short of a few days of reading thru rooting sites I am a noob.

I may sound nervous, but i dont want to do this till I understand a little better. Cant afford a brand new paperweight.

Over at the gingerbreak site they are talking about needing a formated sd card, is that the case here?

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah sorry, it only took 5 times reading thru and a second attempt on the lg mobile tools to find the driver !!

If you dont mind, here are the steps I have taken.

installed .net4 and visc+redistrib
installed the lg mobile tools and proper driver.

now the 2 attatched files, are they both needed or just the gingersnap. Or do I install both and just use gingersnap to complete.

Sorry if these seem like stupid noob questions, but short of a few days of reading thru rooting sites I am a noob.

I may sound nervous, but i dont want to do this till I understand a little better. Cant afford a brand new paperweight.

Over at the gingerbreak site they are talking about needing a formated sd card, is that the case here?

Source Code:
The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip
Unless you plan on using the source code, the file you DON'T need is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip.

Also, make absolutely certain that USB debugging is turned ON. This can be done by going to Settings->Applications->Development and making sure USB debugging is checked. It may help to enable "Stay awake" as well.

Reactions: hlxanthus

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless you plan on using the source code, the file you DON'T need is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip.

Also, make absolutely certain that USB debugging is turned ON. This can be done by going to Settings->Applications->Development and making sure USB debugging is checked. It may help to enable "Stay awake" as well.
Give that Ginger Insomnia before you steal its soul :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10