[THEME] Customt dialers for 2.2, 2.3.3, Reborn & Swype Metamorphs

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get it to move either with File Expert with the newest update. I had to uninstall and reinstall my file manager program and set permissions again

Yeah I was tripping out about that myself it appears you have to remount system directories in the newer version (every time you open it).

Give it root access first of course, but than when you are in the system directory pull up menu and look at more, click mount, should give you writes back if selected. (I can only assume this is a safety precaution do to people deleting the wrong files, etc).

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was tripping out about that myself it appears you have to remount system directories in the newer version (every time you open it).

Give it root access first of course, but than when you are in the system directory pull up menu and look at more, click mount, should give you writes back if selected. (I can only assume this is a safety precaution do to people deleting the wrong files, etc).

Although saftey precautions can be a pain and quite annoying, they are generally your best friend.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
How do you skin Swype and the dialers? I'd like to learn!
Send Kraven an PM. Maybe he will be willing to help you start out and give you some pointers. I know its easier to show that to tell... but yea. Your not there in person lol.

I know its hard to explain to someone how to THEME a ROM so yea I can only imagine that it could be a lil difficult to explain to ya.

Good luck ! ! !

Reactions: Jessicalt1

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [THEME] phone contact dialers for 2.2 and Reborn 2.1. Swype

A few more work in progress...

gold
tumblr_lnbdqf7YfX1ql2caso1_500.png

red lava

tumblr_lnbdqzf6qr1ql2caso1_500.png

Reactions: omarnova

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I got it to work here for the Beta swype... see post http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...born-2-1-swype-metamorphs-15.html#post1021379

OPTION 1. Tested and works as in the link above. No real easy way to do with metamorph on the Beta Swype. You pretty much swap out png files within the /assets/keyboard folder. Then resign the swype apk either via APK manager via computer or Signapktic right on your phone. Finally generate another license via the swype beta installer.

OPTION 2: Untested.. Rename the installed com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk from the /data/app folder to Swype.apk. Now move it to the /system/app folder. You may need remount the folders to read-write. Then you can try the Reborn 2.1 Metamorphs on it. Reboot. Then generate a new license via the Swype beta installer. In theory it should work.

10965d1308782774-theme-phone-contact-dialers-2-2-reborn-2-1-swype-metamorphs-swypebetatry.png

Last edited:
Reactions: omarnova

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

i'll look into zipthemer , It looks like it might do a better job with beta Swype.

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I like that.. So no T9 letters?

well this is an old dialer , if u go to the xda thread which i posted a link for there are 2 versions, 1 with t9 letters and 1 with out, either or would be lovely

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

The Swype.apk must be in the /system/app/ folder. Then just apply the metamorph and reboot.

Gold Swype metamoph
tumblr_lnbdqf7YfX1ql2caso1_500.png

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes they do. Pretty much everything that is themed by kraven or jstntp or myself are for reborn rom. Although I think gtalk will work on any plat

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ikeywatson