i'm still trying to figure things out, but i was wondering how to get rid of the default launcher. i have launder pro and i like it alot, using homeswitcher to go from the default to launcher pro, but everytime i reboot the phone it automatically goes to the default, anyway to delete the default?
    05-11-2011 01:50 PM
    i'm still trying to figure things out, but i was wondering how to get rid of the default launcher. i have launder pro and i like it alot, using homeswitcher to go from the default to launcher pro, but everytime i reboot the phone it automatically goes to the default, anyway to delete the default?
    Sure, get a root file explorer (I recommend File Expert), enable root mode, mount system as read write, and remove the launcher from /system/app.

The launcher may be called launcher2.apk, launcher.apk, LGlauncher.apk, etc.

You can also do this from adb (must be in recovery):

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cd /system/app
    rm nameOfLauncher.apk
    reboot
    rand807 likes this.
    05-11-2011 01:56 PM
    What the heck is "homeswitcher"?

Normally, when you download launcherPro, the next time you hit the "home" button it asks if you want the stock launcher or LauncherPro. Select "LauncherPro", check the box at the bottom saying "Remember this choice" or whatever it says, and bam, it'll always be LauncherPro, even after reboot, (unless you're an ***** like me and move LauncherPro to the SD Card, at which point it will always default to the stock launcher until the SD card loads).
    05-11-2011 03:00 PM
    What the heck is "homeswitcher"?

Normally, when you download launcherPro, the next time you hit the "home" button it asks if you want the stock launcher or LauncherPro. Select "LauncherPro", check the box at the bottom saying "Remember this choice" or whatever it says, and bam, it'll always be LauncherPro, even after reboot, (unless you're an ***** like me and move LauncherPro to the SD Card, at which point it will always default to the stock launcher until the SD card loads).
    Homeswitcher is an app that lets you switch back and forth between launchers. But you bring up a good point, about launcher location.
    05-11-2011 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD