recovery mode is a black screen

fairygirl69

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've rooted my phone,installed the custom recovery, put my rom on my sd card. My problem is it goes to a black screen until i remove the battery and let it boot up normally. So it's like I have no recovery mode, but hey at least my phone's not bricked. I also know that I haven't lost root. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted my phone,installed the custom recovery, put my rom on my sd card. My problem is it goes to a black screen until i remove the battery and let it boot up normally. So it's like I have no recovery mode, but hey at least my phone's not bricked. I also know that I haven't lost root. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Guessing you need to install Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) because your phone has the new display/drivers while other recoveries still have the older version of the kernel, resulting in the black screen.

Reactions: Jessicalt1

bebe43

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Need help my phone does not connect to pc even if adb is on on the phone.cant root my phone with it not connecting .but it shows its charging.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Guessing you need to install Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) because your phone has the new display/drivers while other recoveries still have the older version of the kernel, resulting in the black screen.

I use clockwork from rom manager! It works fine,I just don't use the rom manager app.

sent from my CM7 Optimus

gregglynn

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
fyi, I'm using Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) and still get a black screen. had to use screen cast to "see" the screen on my computer. pain. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38