Google Music

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the new Google Music? They haven't released their cloud service officially but its available for download and use!! Right now they have no cap on how much you can upload to the server to be available for listening to. Figured I would spread the word if any of you were interested.

As of right now you need to sign up for it..

go to.. music.google.com/about , and sign up for the service.

Im waiting on my account right now :)

Oh and happy last day on earth!!! ;)

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using the new Google Music? They haven't released their cloud service officially but its available for download and use!! Right now they have no cap on how much you can upload to the server to be available for listening to. Figured I would spread the word if any of you were interested.

As of right now you need to sign up for it..

go to.. music.google.com/about , and sign up for the service.

Im waiting on my account right now :)

Oh and happy last day on earth!!! ;)

i heard there was a cap but it's 20,000 songs... so good luck hitting that :p

p.s. hooray for the rapture

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There is no cap yet in place... they are still working out the service... There will be a cap tho, and it may not be free forever

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
On my Google Music Manager upload page, it says: "You have more songs than the maximum allowed. Not all of them will be added."

I have close to 30,000 in library, but I can't seem to find a way to tell it which songs not to upload. Maybe have to wait and delete any that I don't want, down below the max, and then let it add the others? Also can't seem to change my set up preferences where I told the service to add a couple of free song genres. Uploading is sllooowwwww....

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My uploads went very fast. Have you kept the connection speed on auto or one of the other options? Also, I've noticed that if you are uploading large amounts of data, it is much faster at night. Cox Communications here.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It's set for auto upload and fastest possible. I left it all night but it has only uploaded several hundred songs. Now it shows it is adding songs - shows percent and name of the two songs currently uploading - but the total count isn't changing... sigh. May shut everything down and restart to see if that 'resets' anything...

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Good luck - hope you get an invite soon. I don't know if it's true, but one rumor had it that tablet (Xoom) folks were getting it. I have Transformer, so maybe that helped. So far, I'm not overly Impressed. Will wait to see how uploading goes. Had to reboot my computer to get it to continue uploading. But it stopped again shortly thereafter. Could be the internet connection - it's not always good....

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it's Comcast - at a GFs, not sure what she uses. I'm too lazy to move the 'puter to a better spot. OK other than that. Transformer is nice. I'm on the move a lot so it's nice to be able to open it up, do my thing, and get on with it. Don't have to drag out the laptop, set it up, and then pit it all away again. Have Nook with FroYo & Honeycomb on cards, but the full Honeycomb on the Transformer is sweet - and supposed to get 3.1 in a couple of weeks...

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The Transformer is WiFi only (only flavor available for now). I can wirelessly tether to my Dinc or find a hotspot. Price is reasonable compared to others $499 for 32GB (16GB is $399) and put a 32GB microSD card in it. I got the dock through Buy.com and only paid $128 with shipping - reg price is $150 - if you can find them. Supply is still a little iffy. Ordered a Xoom but returned it when the Transformer was announced. Glad I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz