couple of questions

cd95yj

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have a Droid X and am completely familiar with how to flash roms on it (loading them as an "update.zip" format from SD card) but a friend of mine has an LG optimus S and wants a custom rom on it. From everything I have read it looks like you have to use the ADB shell to flash roms. I have never sat down to get into using it;

So my questions are:

Is the ADB shell the only way to flash roms on the optimus or can you flash them like I do on my DX from the SD card?

Can you use ROM manager to flash clockworkrecovery mod, or does this have to go through the ADB as well?

Restoring back to stock; with my DX I use RSDlite which is so simple and easy "a cave man could do it", is there an option like this for the LG or does this too have to go through the ADB?

I don't want to screw up his phone, if it was mine I would experiment away so I figured I would try to learn all I can before giving anything a go.
BTW - he is rooted using gingerbreak so the first step is done.
Edit/Delete Message

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have a Droid X and am completely familiar with how to flash roms on it (loading them as an "update.zip" format from SD card) but a friend of mine has an LG optimus S and wants a custom rom on it. From everything I have read it looks like you have to use the ADB shell to flash roms. I have never sat down to get into using it;

So my questions are:

Is the ADB shell the only way to flash roms on the optimus or can you flash them like I do on my DX from the SD card?

Can you use ROM manager to flash clockworkrecovery mod, or does this have to go through the ADB as well?

Restoring back to stock; with my DX I use RSDlite which is so simple and easy "a cave man could do it", is there an option like this for the LG or does this too have to go through the ADB?

I don't want to screw up his phone, if it was mine I would experiment away so I figured I would try to learn all I can before giving anything a go.
BTW - he is rooted using gingerbreak so the first step is done.
Edit/Delete Message

A great place to start is the guide that is stickied. Here are the steps to get a ROM:

1. Root your phone (refer to the stickied guide).
2. Flash a recovery (refer to the stickied guide).
3. Flash a ROM (refer to the stickied guide).

Oh yeah, one more thing, refer to the stickied guide.
Good luck!

cd95yj

May 23, 2011
Visit site
A great place to start is the guide that is stickied. Here are the steps to get a ROM:

1. Root your phone (refer to the stickied guide).
2. Flash a recovery (refer to the stickied guide).
3. Flash a ROM (refer to the stickied guide).

Oh yeah, one more thing, refer to the stickied guide.
Good luck!

I read the stickies on ROMs and it figured out those flash the same way

from this sticky about restoring the phone to stock http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html it appears as if the ADB is the only way... is that correct or is there an SBF file like the Motorola?

and from this sticky http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ustom-recovery-optimus-s-thunderc-sprint.html it looks like the ADB is the only way to apply the custom recovery... is this correct?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you are missing his question, he is already rooted and he wants to know about ADB shell

Not to be rude but if you had not skimmed the stickey ... its right here ....
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-gingerbreak-no-reverting-ota-works-too.html

[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD with GingerBreak (no reverting and OTA works too!)
Rooting the LG Optimus S with software version LS670ZVD

He is already rooted, he is asking about recovery and rom and then returning back to stock.

And yes a lot of it has to be done from the ADB shell for this phone.
Rom manager does not work in this phone.

Sent from my rooted Optimus s using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

kapone86

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
some ppl are saying to use astro file manager, download z4root to from ur computer and transfer to SD card, then use astro to install file, then open it and click root, will this work?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
some ppl are saying to use astro file manager, download z4root to from ur computer and transfer to SD card, then use astro to install file, then open it and click root, will this work?

Z4root is guaranteed to fail with the latest update. Please review my response to your question in the main rooting thread.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just use gingersnap from this forum, it may be one of the stickies. It a one click root.

Sent from my rooted Optimus s using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma