Factory/StockROM Nandroid?

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased two LG Optimus S Sprint Phones for myself and another family member.

They were both completely identical, in terms of the StockROM/Baseband/Kernal versions and etc.

My phone is already Rooted, using RebornROM v.2.1 (with the native 2.6.32.9-picasticks-07 Kernal), also using Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) Custom Recovery and etc. This ROM is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here's the deal...

1. - I'm planning on rooting and doing the same thing (as above) to the other phone, as I did with my phone.

Before I do, I'm curious if there is a preferred method of somehow making an Nandroid of the phone as it currently is, with the out-of-the-box StockROM & Stock RECOVERY?? That way, if I ever need to go back to the StockROM for whatever reason, I can do so?

Here is the current phone's info:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
****STOCK ROM & RECOVERY ****

Model: - LS670
Android version: - 2.2.2
Baseband version: - LS670MVD_60401001
Kernal vesion: - 2.6.32.9 / lge@android-build #2
Build number: - ZVD.41B2924E
SW Version LS670VD
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. As stated, before I go crazy on rooting the hell out of this other phone...I wanted to seize the opportunity to somehow make a 'snap shot' of the current StockROM/Recovery.

2. - Also just curious...when making a Nandroid...does it also backup the installed apps and settings at all?

3. - Does the Nandroid backup your contacts as well?

4. - What on earth would happen if while running RebornROM or CM7, someone were to choose to 'Update Firmware' in settings???? Yikes???!!!

Thank you!!

BJ

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello.... first step would be installing a custom recovery once thats done you can boot into it and it will have the options to backup/restore. When you backup it will backup EVERYTHING that's on your phone. I would recommend you always have at least one nandroid backup before you flash any new rom. I have a clean (no contacts or apps or anything) rooted nandroid of VD it's in my signature however if you want to make one yourself it'll teach you the ways of the force... errr I mean adb and nandroid... lol

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Anonamoose,

Thank you so much!!! What is the best way to just do a complete factory wipe?

Here's what I'm thinking then:

1. - Do a complete Factory Wipe

2. - Root the phone

3. - Install Custom Recovery

4. - Make a Nandroid of the StockROM (right after the Factory Wipe)

5. - Then Flash Custom ROM??

What are your thoughts?

BJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech