Near Brick Experience (Any guesses?)

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Background: Have a spot on the sceen so I am exchanging the phone with sprint. Problem is my phone is rooted so I needed to go back to stock.

I successfully flashed back to VD. The problem was that the recovery that I had to load on the phone is V9. So I thought that while I doubt it, maybe going to V9 rom would allow the phone to upgrade to VD through LG (and possibly upgrade recovery-I doubted it but thought it was worth a shot).

I ran the V9 following the instructions very carefully (just like I had with my successful VD flash). Everything went well but the LG tool stopped doing anything at 99% at the upgrade step. I literally waited 20-25mins+ but it stayed at 99%. I then decided that pulling the cable was my only option. I immediately replugged in the cable and still the screen was at 99% so I force closed the LG software and started all over with VD. Luckily everything went smoothly and the phone is working.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I know that the LG Mobile Update tool is a bit sketchy with its attitude. It can have tourettes at any moment lol. Try re-installing the LG mobile update tool and try runnin as admin if on a newer windows platform. Start from the beginning and try again. Thats all I can think of. Sorry

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
that was my rooting experience as well, back then when there was no gingerbreak. LG would stop at 99% and I would have to manually reboot my phone -or sth like that. But had no problems whatsoever.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech