Sprint just pushed a PRL update. Is it safe to allow while running Nameless ROM?

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so is there any wattle update the prl with gingerbread like I kn?ow u can't but is there a way to do it manualy
Not that I know of. I keep a 2.2 nandroid that I go back to for this purpose. Then back to my latest 2.3 nandroid. Not a big deal in my books this way.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know what this update does/effects? I remember reading somewhere in these forums that there was a difference in consumer prl and business client prl( i also thought there was a link to a prl code list, to inform on what prl codes did what. tried doing a forum search, and a google search, but can't seem to find it) and that the last update "helped" differentiate between those accounts(????). I am currently on 60677 and my wifes moment was updated to 1_____something or another.......having run cm7 roms mainly, i haven't been "forced" an update and since I have had absolutly no problems with my signal or dropped calls or whathaveyou, i haven't seen a need to update either my prl or profile since right after the vd update. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of. I keep a 2.2 nandroid that I go back to for this purpose. Then back to my latest 2.3 nandroid. Not a big deal in my books this way.

Ok thanks an wen I flash the nandroid I still wipe everything like i would normally would do

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know what this update does/effects? I remember reading somewhere in these forums that there was a difference in consumer prl and business client prl( i also thought there was a link to a prl code list, to inform on what prl codes did what. tried doing a forum search, and a google search, but can't seem to find it) and that the last update "helped" differentiate between those accounts(????). I am currently on 60677 and my wifes moment was updated to 1_____something or another.......having run cm7 roms mainly, i haven't been "forced" an update and since I have had absolutly no problems with my signal or dropped calls or whathaveyou, i haven't seen a need to update either my prl or profile since right after the vd update. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Oh man, that crazy PRL update. We had a huge conversation about this thing when it first reared its ugly head. Here's the post I put up I found on the Sprint community forum concerning the update.

Check it out, I found this over at the Sprint Community Forums. I'm just gonna copy and paste.

"8. Apr 23, 2011 2:52 PM (in response to CKOADIYN)
PRL UPDATE 01115/60678

Ok so looking into it, here are the changes in layman in the 60678/1115 update:

The 60678 PRL will remove 3G roaming coverage in FL, MI, OH, WV and WI for all Consumers. Business IL and CL customers however, will get PRL 1115 with continued 3G roaming service.

I don't know why, I don't have access to the information used to make this decision. I'm assuming the roaming agreements expired and the options were either remove roaming entirely for all customers in these areas, or limit the number of accounts that can roam there (making it be only business accounts that will roam on 3G in these areas).

If the account is setup as a Business Individual Liable or Business Corporate Liable account there will be EvDO roaming in these areas, if the Sprint account is a standard consumer account there will only be 1xRTT roaming. The Sprint.com coverage map will only show the 1xRTT coverage in these areas regardless. The Business accounts are receiving a custom PRL, not the standard national PRL all other devices receive."

Thanks go to halcyoncmdr134 from community.sprint.com for the info.

Here's the link to the thread, in case you were wanting give it a read as well. :)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/78561-prl-update-today.html

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks an wen I flash the nandroid I still wipe everything like i would normally would do

Nah man, just select the nandroid you want to restore and let it do it's thing. It does all the work for you. When its done restore just reboot and you should he good to go. :)

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908