Is Higher Camera Resolution than 3.2MP Possible?

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can this phone take higher resolution photos such as 5MP? Is it the limit software? Or is it hardware such as the camera sensor? I think it would be cool to see a mod for the phone to take 5MP photos or higher. I was just curious as to whether it could be done. And is anybody working on getting the FM radio working on our devices?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Can this phone take higher resolution photos such as 5MP? Is it the limit software? Or is it hardware such as the camera sensor? I think it would be cool to see a mod for the phone to take 5MP photos or higher. I was just curious as to whether it could be done. And is anybody working on getting the FM radio working on our devices?

As the above poster stated, camera resolution is hardware dependant. And AFAIK some work is being done to get FM radio working but nothing is set in stone yet.

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
they should make a "clearcam" for android, on the iphone it doubled by taking around 4 photos rapidly and creating one higher quality photo, and 2x the mp, and sharper

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
HDR means high dynamic range. The camera won't take "better" pictures, A subject which would not normally be uniformly lit would usually have areas of underexposure and areas of slight overexposure, but an HDR picture will take 3 pictures. 1 at EV 0, 1 at EV +1, and 1 at EV -1, then it combines all the properly exposed parts from all 3 images into one super detailed image. That way everything in the picture is the proper exposure and thus showing maximum detail. That is different from megapixels

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Guess i could have e explained...

It is a better... Subjective... Picture.... Same megapixels but the processing makes a more detailed better pic.

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
HDR means high dynamic range. The camera won't take "better" pictures, A subject which would not normally be uniformly lit would usually have areas of underexposure and areas of slight overexposure, but an HDR picture will take 3 pictures. 1 at EV 0, 1 at EV +1, and 1 at EV -1, then it combines all the properly exposed parts from all 3 images into one super detailed image. That way everything in the picture is the proper exposure and thus showing maximum detail. That is different from megapixels

yea, i saw referring to the clearcam app, but yea hdr photos just fix the darks and lights of a photo and also give a new shade of color,...
here are a few:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.almalence.hdr&feature=search_result
HDR Camera, free, the only one I have used, because I'm cheap, there is a paid version also...
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eyeappsllc.prohdr&feature=search_result
Pro HDR Camera, more famous for the Iphone app, and has great reviews, worth a try...
https://market.android.com/details?id=vStudio.Android.Camera360&feature=search_result
Camera 360, a more all-in-one camera app, but mostly just filters,...not really a special technique it uses, just like a overlay...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci