chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i have had a rooted optimus haven't really o.c.ed really other than what came on the rom previously or what ever but i tried to use it i guess i just don't get it but it always shuts off i am on the newest version or reborn rom idea comments conserns *****ing!! :eek:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i have had a rooted optimus haven't really o.c.ed really other than what came on the rom previously or what ever but i tried to use it i guess i just don't get it but it always shuts off i am on the newest version or reborn rom idea comments conserns *****ing!! :eek:

It's possible that your phone can't over-clock past what Reborn sets by default. It's not a manufacturer defect or a bug in Reborn (or a bug in SetCPU), it just happens. My phone can't over-clock past 806 without becoming unstable as heck, and some folks can't over-clock even past the stock 600.

In short, there probably isn't much you can do about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have a "consern". Have you ever considered using proper punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure? You'd probably get better responses if you did. I have no idea whether setcpu FC's or your phone is rebooting. I'm not wholly sure of what you are even asking for.

That's a bit harsh. You have to consider a few possibilities:

1) English isn't their first language.
2) They are on a phone and speed typing.
3) They are just bad at typing/conveying a message

It doesn't diminish their need for help. I could piecemeal what they were trying to say just fine, as did Drew. This community is built on helping, not bashing, those with questions. Have a coffee, a bagel, some licorice ropes, whatever calms you down. It's just a forum.

I hope my sentence structure and grammar was up to your standards.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I have a "consern". Have you ever considered using proper punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure? You'd probably get better responses if you did. I have no idea whether setcpu FC's or your phone is rebooting. I'm not wholly sure of what you are even asking for.

That's not an effective way to change someone's behavior, nor do we tolerate it.

There is an alternative that we do advocate, and that's to not respond to a post you don't like. If you don't have an answer to his question then he wasn't asking you.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When oc'ing go slow and in steps. Reborn is oc'ed at 729, so the next step up would be 748. Personally I see no reason to go above that. That's just my opinion. Set CPU tells me I could go to 868 or something but I keep it at 729 to 748.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok... I understand the frustration but eggin O.a.T. on and cussin isn't gonna change anything. He has been warned already I'm sure. All I gotta say is this.... Watch who you talk to like that. This IS America my friend as weeez allz can speakz wit az many grahm a cle err ohrs as youuuu wannah. Just remember you get what you put out and looks like Cory already handled it O:)

Now let's all go steal some ginger souls together

chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks for being a douch i was actually wondering if there are any custom kernals that will allow o.c. to 800 mhz or so i can barely get it to 720 with out it shutting off on me

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
thanks for being a douch i was actually wondering if there are any custom kernals that will allow o.c. to 800 mhz or so i can barely get it to 720 with out it shutting off on me

Before you start calling names.....The Kernal has nothing to do with how high you can actually overclock ,its the device....some devices cant handle over 600 mhz others can handle well over 800mhz. Lets be nice and not call names if you dont really know what your talking about......Thank You.....

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't we all just get along? I don't get why everyone is so on edge and dropin names on every post. This is a good way to either get banned or have your thread closed... Sounds like it time for a breather

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Can't we all just get along? I don't get why everyone is so on edge and dropin names on every post. This is a good way to either get banned or have your thread closed... Sounds like it time for a breather

I feel ya.....

Sent From My Super Awesome, Over The Top Optimus S.........Tapatalk......