I might have bricked my phone with Rom Manager. Please help.

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I used Gingersnap 1 Click root to obviously root my Optimus S (LGLS670). My friend did the same thing, but he said that he went to the market and downloaded Roms using Rom Manager.

An idiot like me decided to listen to him, so I'm stuck at a possible dilemma.
This is my first time doing a root, so I'll just tell you what I noticed to be different post root and Rom Manager:

Longer Startup
Android Market - comes up with a white screen and then crashes
Voice Search - "Application is not installed on your phone."
Contacts - some names show up, but most don't. This occurs in my texting/calling logs. (This has happened before, but usually a phone reboot would solve the problem.)

Out of the 4 problems, the Android Market and Contacts bother me most. Please help me.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
And yet another one.
There needs to be a noticed posted when entering this fourm that Rom manger IS NOT SUPPORTED!
Hopefully you have a custom recovery installed? If you do wipe caches,data and install (flash) a Rom the correct way! (Recommend Reborn Rom)
sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
if you were bricked it wouldnt boot. download a rom the RIGHT way and flash it from recovery. id wipe every 2-3 times just in case.

people really need to read before they do stuff.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
And yet another one.
There needs to be a noticed posted when entering this fourm that Rom manger IS NOT SUPPORTED!

There is a sticky, but how many people just go doing stuff before actually trying to find out what they should be doing.....

Is there some kind of warning on ROM manager? Maybe we should ask the dev to put up something to the effect of don't use with Opti S on his market page.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you take the time to even look at rom manager before u try to use it you will see it doesnt even have our phone listed. Sorry you tweaked ur phone but ur lucky its not a brick. Wipe everything as stated above and good luck with the choice of roms. I made a sticky about this because of how many people have been doing exactly what you did.

Welcome to AC!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I did my custom recovery and wiped everything like you all said, but I am still getting the same problem. Are there any other solutions? Maybe a factory format, if possible?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing there for you to do a factory reset cause you erased it when you tried Rom manager.
I would try the un-brick method.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I did my custom recovery and wiped everything like you all said, but I am still getting the same problem. Are there any other solutions? Maybe a factory format, if possible?

Okay stupid question....You said you wiped everything and are getting the same problem....did you download a ROM such as Reborn and flash it? If not go download a ROM from this forum. I recommend Reborn or Shell. Put the ROM zip file on the root of your SD card and do not unzip. Reboot into your recovery and wipe everything from the wipe menu. Then choose the "flash zip" menu and locate the zip file and hit the menu button to flash. Make sure you wait until it completes and then choose the "reboot" option from the recovery menu.

Edit: Oh I got into a giant discussion about people not necessarily knowing what the "root" directory is. I'm sure most people know but just to clarify when someone is referring to "root" they are referring to the top level. For instance root directory means you connected to your SD card and said open to view and this will be the root. It means you are at the top of your SD card....no sub directory. Just like the "root cause" is the one thing that caused the issue or if something requires "root" access it is because it needs top level authority to accomplish something.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you installed a Rom not meant for your phone. What new recovery do you have now?

Try this
Download and place any of the roms that are VD based onto your SDcard. Leave them in the .zip

Download the xionia recovery: xionia_cwma_12518.6.img and install :
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

In recovery, wipe cache, format boot, data, system, and cache, then choose install zip from sdcard and select the ROM's zip file

Now go back and choose reboot.

Last edited:

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Well...that didn't work. I was getting the error that "lilaznbeatupbag" was getting. Is there anyway that I can get my Total Equipment Protection coverage to get myself a new one? The home and search button aren't functioning, or is it too obvious?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well...that didn't work. I was getting the error that "lilaznbeatupbag" was getting. Is there anyway that I can get my Total Equipment Protection coverage to get myself a new one? The home and search button aren't functioning, or is it too obvious?

They will notice the custom recovery.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have the insurance coverage, you could always run over it with the car or run it thru the dishwasher. They cant tell software if they cannot turn it on.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
All good ideas but im sure that AC doesn't condone insurance fraud. Im sure u can be creative without the help of the forum on that

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand. I was just trying to see how much information that I could squeeze out.
Will they still be able to see that I rooted my phone (post-factory reset)?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Sent to a trustworthy person on here to try to fix it, or look up mmarz here, he is good at fixing things thru online means, and I mean this very problem with rom manager

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
What recovery do you have installed?

And if you can get into the recovery, check off all these steps

Choose and do:

wipe cache
wipe data

Now go to 'mounts and storage'
and do:
format boot
format system
format data
format cache

Then go back to 'install zip from sdcard', and choose what ever rom you downloaded.