PRL Updates W/ Reborn ROM 2.2.2?

ilandroid

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks,

I recently flashed an Optimus S with the Reborn ROM 2.2.2 and I am quite pleased with it. I did notice a low PRL (1115). Is this normal? I could not find anything online. Also is it safe to have the phone update the PRL running this ROM? I done several searches, but I was not able to get the answer I am looking for.

Thanks!

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello folks,

I recently flashed an Optimus S with the Reborn ROM 2.2.2 and I am quite pleased with it. I did notice a low PRL (1115). Is this normal? I could not find anything online. Also is it safe to have the phone update the PRL running this ROM? I done several searches, but I was not able to get the answer I am looking for.

Thanks!

Im on Reborn 2.2.2 and I'm on PRL 60679 which should be the newest for general customers.

1115 is for Business customers. If you are in certain states this one allows 3g roaming data.

ilandroid

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all that responded. I guess my phone must be going for the business PRL because of the employee partner discount. If not, then I am clueless. I got concerned because I have always seen the 60000+ PRL. Thanks again.

psaurus81

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 1115 which I'm pretty sure is default in Arizona. Verizon has much better coverage in our state than any of the other carriers so it makes sense.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Community: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically...

This has been posted before - forget where.

Read that thread - VERY good read and LOTS of info.

Some Sprint users have been greatly affected by the roaming agreements

-----------------

Remember - there is NO HARM using a custom PRL - you can actually get much better coverage in some instances.
It's a pretty much trial/error type of deal - but there is 1 main caveat - WATCH the roaming on data.

I do not use a lot of data - most of the places I am at can connect to a wireless signal, and I never wireless tether - unnecessary for me.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if with the new prl updat if it would of change the signal bar on gingerbread cm7 I was getting about 2bars everywhere I go

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if with the new prl updat if it would of change the signal bar on gingerbread cm7 I was getting about 2bars everywhere I go

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
my phone was stuck on a bootloop so i wiped my phone and restored my phone ,i updated my profile and my prl,now the prl is 60680

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Community: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically...

This has been posted before - forget where.

Read that thread - VERY good read and LOTS of info.

Some Sprint users have been greatly affected by the roaming agreements

-----------------

Remember - there is NO HARM using a custom PRL - you can actually get much better coverage in some instances.
It's a pretty much trial/error type of deal - but there is 1 main caveat - WATCH the roaming on data.

I do not use a lot of data - most of the places I am at can connect to a wireless signal, and I never wireless tether - unnecessary for me.

Wow. I thought it was my imagination. I travel a lot for work and have noticed that Sprint's service has completely sucked for the past few months even in places where it was good before. I'm roaming with no data a mile from my home even. This is completely unacceptable.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep - had to stop with the 40065 PRL - data didn't work anymore

Upgraded to PRL 60680 and upgraded profile - all is working good - better signal and roaming for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781