how to change dock icons on launcher pro

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This phone has a way of making me feel ******ed lol. All I want to do is change my current 5 dock icons on launcher pro. I currently have just the words "phone" "contacts" "text" and "web" and a app drawer. I'd really like to bring some life to the bottom of the screen lol. When I long press and choose change icon I get "launcher pro icons" which are just more words and "custom icons" which is just a gallery of my pictures. Anybody got a solution? I feel really stupid right about now lol

epeereboom

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
There is an app in the market called Custom Launcher Icons. Lots of different icons and dock options to choose from.

Sent from my p7901ui using Tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you can get icon packs from the market. Just search for launcher products plus icons.

There are icon packs available on the market but they don't change the dock icons, just certain apps in the app drawer. I've downloaded 3 icon packs from the market and selected them in >preferences>theme settings>icon packs and it DOES change certain icons in my tray but when I long press a icon on the dock, and choose change icon" and choose "launcher pro icons" it only has words which is what it was before I downloaded the icon pack. By words I mean on my dock my contacts icon is not a icon its just the word "contacts" lol

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
There is an app in the market called Custom Launcher Icons. Lots of different icons and dock options to choose from.

Sent from my p7901ui using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did notice it in the market. Just a little leery of paying $4 for icons lol, I've seen HD icons and others I would pay for. Those just look a little bland on the preview pics

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a post in the Wallpaper, Icon, Theme forum here on AC. If you go back to the forum homepage. Do a search for Launcher pro Icons. Someone has an entire dropbox page linked with all kinds of dock icons.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Got a solution that works for me. I chose "change shortcut" and I'm just using the default app icon or .a.k.a. the icon the way it appears in my app drawer. Its nothing fancy but its better than "phone" "contact" "text" and "web" lol. Thanks for your help guys

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Dizzle, couldn't let you settle. Check the Dropbox link in this thread. I looked through all of these and found a set (text ones) that I liked and loaded them into an Icon folder that I made on my SD card. Now I see them in the gallery on my phone as you said when you longpressed the icon to change it.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
On XDA, there are multiple icon and dock packs in the theming section. I found some really great ones there. You do save them to your gallery and choose from there. HTH

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
On XDA, there are multiple icon and dock packs in the theming section. I found some really great ones there. You do save them to your gallery and choose from there. HTH

I'm familiar with that page and I downloaded a HD icon pack 4 times yday and couldn't get them in my gallery lol.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Dizzle, couldn't let you settle. Check the Dropbox link in this thread. I looked through all of these and found a set (text ones) that I liked and loaded them into an Icon folder that I made on my SD card. Now I see them in the gallery on my phone as you said when you longpressed the icon to change it.

Thanks again fatal. There are some nice icons there ill check them out